Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
oecherprinte
Zealot
oecherprinte began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 3G, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Where did the stable 3.0.2 Update go?

Hi,

I just wanted to download the last stable 3.0.2 Update from Amazons Site, but I can only find the beta release of firmware 3.0.3. I do not want to test the new
firmware.

Where can I find the stable 3.0.2 Update?

Thanks,

Jens
oecherprinte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nowhere, that probably means it'll come down OTA pretty soon.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 04:55 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The features of 3.0.2 will be rolled into 3.0.3,if you want to wait. I do have all the 3.0.2 bin files saved and can PM you with a link. What is the serial number for your 3G Kindle. B006 or B00A?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #4
oecherprinte
Zealot

@daffy4u:

Thanks for the offer. I guess I will just wait for the 3.0.3 Update then.

Cheers,

Jens
Old 10-18-2010, 05:07 PM   #5
mrzerga
Connoisseur
mrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the rough

Device: kindle 3 wifi - love it
Quote:
Originally Posted by oecherprinte View Post
Hi,

I just wanted to download the last stable 3.0.2 Update from Amazons Site, but I can only find the beta release of firmware 3.0.3. I do not want to test the new
firmware.

Where can I find the stable 3.0.2 Update?

Thanks,

Jens
3.0.3 should be pretty stable.
if you are that keen on upgrading to 3.0.2, check below
the files are still there:

Kindle Wi-Fi: Download 3.0.2
Your serial number will start with "B008"
https://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmwar...3.0.2_B008.bin

Kindle 3G (Free 3G + Wi-Fi) - U.S. and Canadian Customers*: Download 3.0.2
Your serial number will start with "B006"
https://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmwar...3.0.2_B006.bin

Kindle 3G (Free 3G + Wi-Fi) - European Customers*: Download 3.0.2
Your serial number will start with "B00A"
https://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmwar...3.0.2_B00A.bin
mrzerga is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For anyone reading this per NiLuJe's posts in another thread, if you plan to hack your Kindle, make sure you do so BEFORE you get the 3.0.3 update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Just a quick warning: The 3.0.3 update *breaks* the jailbreak method. So, if you intend to ever use any hack, jailbreak your kindle *before* doing the 3.0.3 update!

Also, usbnet users, I'll be posting an update very soon to workaround the 3.0.3 update. In order to make the hack work again, either do the usbnet update before installing 3.0.3, or reinstall usbnet after having installed the 3.0.3 update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
There's been other changes to the update script that prevents the same kind of workaround used in the K2 case, so, for now, no.

Also, just to make it clear: If you already had jailbroken your Kindle, it's still jailbroken after the 3.0.3 update, and all your hacks still work. The only thing broken is the *install* of the jailbreak on a *vanilla* 3.0.3 Kindle.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Daffy........I'm at 3.0.1.....

Is there an advantage to upgrading to .2? or even .3?

Does it have something I need?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Daffy........I'm at 3.0.1.....

Is there an advantage to upgrading to .2? or even .3?

Does it have something I need?
The 3.0.2 update took care of the slow page turns at higher temps (for me and others) and unpredictable restarts (I didn't have this problem). You'll get updated over the air at some point if you leave your wireless on for long enough for it to download.

If you plan to hack your Kindle at all, do it now (at least add the jailbreak).
Old 10-18-2010, 06:16 PM   #9
oecherprinte
Zealot

What's the advantage of hacking except for being able to choose your own sleep pictures?
Old 10-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by oecherprinte View Post
What's the advantage of hacking except for being able to choose your own sleep pictures?
There is a font hack as well. I prefer the Fontin front over those that come installed on the Kindle.