Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 03-29-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Sony Reader BBeB vs. Libre BBeB

Hi:

I know that there are tools for the Libre to generate Libre BBeB files from .txt and .html (and from .doc and .rtf since those can be converted to .txt).

Has anyone heard if the new Sony Reader BBeB format will be the same or at least similar enough so that one will be able to use these tools to generate Reader BBeB files? I know that the Reader SW is *supposed* to do this but who knows how good or bad it will be.....

I would not think that they would modify the format a whole lot as that would be actual work.

Thanks
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 03:53 AM   #2
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I don't know for certain, but unless Sony wants to alienate its Japanese Sony Librie customer base, they will better make sure that the specs for BBeB stay the same or at least remain backward compatible.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert