Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Device: Sony PRS-650
epub checker

I made some new functions based on some of the kiwidude plugins.
The code is still a mess and 99% is not used (I started with a plugin of kiwidude)
The current functions give the possibility to find specific files in an epub or to to look for all files in an epub (and optionally mark/highlight some of them)

The idea is that you can find for example strange files in epubs

In the future I'm planning to use this plugin for example to select cover files out of the files in the epub, set role of files in epub and to remove files based on user interaction.

just some basics but if you're interested you can comment on it.
The check file size function is not yet working as should. At this moment it starts the cover check of kiwidude.
The create cache is not yet implemented. This function should create a local txt file with all filenames and sizes in all epub files to speed up some functions
Attached Files
File Type: zip epub_checker.zip (55.4 KB, 383 views)
drMerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:20 AM   #2
drMerry
Addict
drMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmosdrMerry has become one with the cosmos

Just to update you all, I made some changes (not posted it yet). With my new version, It is possible to merge books. Not records, books. So if you have 2 epubs like chapter 1 and chapter 2, It will make one new epub with both chapter 1 and 2 in it.

Just a question for you, At this moment I am able to perform this action. I can tell where to put the new book (user input or hard coded) but can someone tell me the variable for the temp-folder and how to put the book in a new record in stead of the first selected (causing the first epub to be replaced)
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 07:41 AM   #3
drMerry
Addict

and another question:
Does a record ALWAYS have a title and author? (I know the sort fields can be empty but is there any way the title or author can?)
Can a book be added by a plugin bypassing the set (possible) duplicate-check on adding books?
Old 06-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by drMerry View Post
Does a record ALWAYS have a title and author? (I know the sort fields can be empty but is there any way the title or author can?)
The Merge/AutoMerge/CopyToLibrary code that I've worked on handles metadata merging, including title/author. It's not possible to have a truly "empty" title or author. Both are filled in with "Unknown" when encountered ("Unknown" gets replaced by the local language translation equivalent.) Those fields are needed to build the path in the library.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote