Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #1
LightHouse Lady
Enthusiast
LightHouse Lady began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Vista user profile deleted...how to get library

Hi,
My user profile was deleted. I saved the files from the old profile so I assume my calibre library is there somewhere.

How do I get the files to Calibre? That is after I figure out where Vista saved the files?

Thanks,
LL
LightHouse Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
If you did not change anything during calibre install the library should have been in
My Document\Calibre Library

Just copy this folder to where you want to keep your library then point calibre to it by using Library switch in calibre. Be careful to choose library already exists in the options.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2011, 11:05 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
you may have lost them - I think vista makes a per user copy of My documents and swaps them around as different users logon.

try a search of the entire C drive for "calibre" - that should find the library folder if it still exists anywhere.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:12 AM   #4
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
try a search of the entire C drive for "calibre" - that should find the library folder if it still exists anywhere.
also search for epub/mobi files or any that you know existed in your library.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:14 AM   #5
LightHouse Lady
Enthusiast
LightHouse Lady began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch
Thanks, it is the weirdest thing I have encountered on a computer thus far. Good news is that my library is intact this morning, all 4,565 books!! I only told it to go to one folder to add books and by golly, ALL of them (even those not in that folder) showed up. Guess I should quit wondering why and be happy!

Itunes also found all of it's music and added all of those books! All is well.

Thanks again,
LL
LightHouse Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert