Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Downloading From Nook Device to Calibre Library

I'm having problems doing this. Had no problem with my Sony & my Kindle3 . Calibre recognizes the Nook but will not display the books in the Nook. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
I'm having problems doing this. Had no problem with my Sony & my Kindle3 . Calibre recognizes the Nook but will not display the books in the Nook. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?
First, all bold print won't help you get help quicker.

I may be totally off base but I believe the books that come on the Nook might be in a an area that calibre doesn't send books to. Any books you send to the Nook via calibre will be reflected as being on the device.

You'll have to access the other books via usb and a file manager.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-28-2011 at 10:14 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Excuse me Dwanthy but I just like bold print. It has nothing to do with being noticed since it is in the body of the post.

And I wanted to know why my books on my Nook can't be downloaded to the calibre library.
Old 01-28-2011, 10:36 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Please read the rest of Dwanthy's post.

He offered a possible solution for books that Calibre can't get at directly. Simply add the books from your Nook as a 'DRIVE' folder
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #5
Pomtroll
Guru

I don't understand how to do that. And Calibre can't get at any of my books on the Nook. I know the books are on my computer because I found them....once..Now I can't find them again. I'm using a Mac Snow Leopard.

I'm just frustrated & am going to give it a rest. Just don't know why I'm having trouble with my Nook & not the others readers.
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
Pomtroll
Guru

Someone on NookBoards helped me understand what to do. So I'm getting most of them downloaded to the Calibre Library.

Still some don't appear with the title & the author.
Old 08-31-2018, 02:54 PM   #7
CodeSchlocker
CodeSchlocker began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Could You Please Share the Solution?

Pomtroll,

This is an old post, but, I'm having the same issue. I wish you would have shared the solution.

-CodeSchlocker
CodeSchlocker is offline   Reply With Quote