Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you chosen to get a replacement for you faulty Paperwhite?
Yes 25 34.72%
No, it is bad but I can live with it 3 4.17%
I haven't decided yet 5 6.94%
No my PW is good 39 54.17%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #16
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiegirl View Post
My email says I have to return the old one within 30 days of the date of the email.
Same for me.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #17
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I guess I should have written "return by time frame". Here is what the email says exactly.

Quote:
If possible, please turn off wireless on your Kindle, insert the Kindle into a plastic bag, put it in original packaging if available, and send it back to us within 30 days from the date of this e-mail. If we don't receive the device by then, you'll be charged for the replacement Kindle.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #18
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
Has anyone received the replacement and decided to return the replacement instead of the original Kindle? I haven't received my replacement, but I'm just curious.
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #19
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Someone on Kindle Boards had their replacement come worse than the original. I haven't received my replacement yet either, but hopefully that won't be the case.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:18 PM   #20
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My replacement is better than the original but still blotchy. I may end up returning both.
Old 10-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #21
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Exchange for Fire HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
My replacement is better than the original but still blotchy. I may end up returning both.
Get a Kindle Fire HD on the next exchange. I've seen ZERO complaints on this board on those models.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #22
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Get a Kindle Fire HD on the next exchange. I've seen ZERO complaints on this board on those models.
I already have a KFHD and the 8.9 inch on order.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #23
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Elipsa, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
This suggestion isn't exactly helpful for those that bought an e-ink model to reduce eye strain.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #24
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
You post some real whoppers. Anyone truly interested in reading on an LCD is either already doing so or has a Fire on order. Those of us complaining are doing so because we prefer eink.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #25
jswinden
Nameless Being

I know of at least one person who has had two PWs replaced. Unfortunately the poll doesn't have an option for multiple replacements.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #26
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I know of at least one person who has had two PWs replaced. Unfortunately the poll doesn't have an option for multiple replacements.
Not sure if you mean Xendula. We haven't heard from her today yet, but I noticed she posted pics of her DOA unit on Amazon. (Not cyberstalking or anything, she uses the same screenname there and I've been watching the customer images come in while trying to decide what course to take.)
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:20 PM   #27
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Possible helpful suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hir7een View Post
This suggestion isn't exactly helpful for those that bought an e-ink model to reduce eye strain.
One option is to call Amazon KINDLE Support and request that a CS person or some other Amazon employee inspect the replacement unit before shipping to you. That would go a long way to insure a good experience with the replacement.

Be sure you reached Kindle Support during daylight hours and not Amazon customer support in India in non-US daylight hours.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:27 PM   #28
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Be sure you reached Kindle Support during daylight hours and not Amazon customer support in India in non-US daylight hours.
My rep was Indian (and all the reps talking around him that I heard) and I called during working hours. He was quite hard to understand.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #29
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trauma Doll View Post
Not sure if you mean Xendula. We haven't heard from her today yet, but I noticed she posted pics of her DOA unit on Amazon. (Not cyberstalking or anything, she uses the same screenname there and I've been watching the customer images come in while trying to decide what course to take.)
Whaaaaat? You're stalking me?!? Consider me honored
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #30
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Whaaaaat? You're stalking me?!? Consider me honored
Haha, sorry, or possibly 'you're welcome'. (If anything I'm also stalking 1 and 2-star reviews on Amazon, and you have a memorable screen name.)
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote