Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 09:04 PM   #1531
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@tlc:

Ooops. That should teach me to play with regexes at 3 AM ^^

Then we'll have to add a bit more stuff:

Set the 'Rename from' column to: ^.*?$
Set the 'Rename to' column to: Your *Single* Collection Name

And hope that the plugin is smart enough not to put a book multiple times in the same collection...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-04-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:15 PM   #1532
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
That approach appears to assume that every book has at least one tag and that any book with the special tag has no other tags.

Thanks, though.

Last edited by tlc; 02-04-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #1533
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@tlc:

Er, I don't even know if the plugin doesn't just skip the book if there's no tag at all, so, you'd have to try, but if it doesn't, that shouldn't cause any trouble.

But, yeah, you're right about the last part, if a book had the special tag *and* other tags, it would end up in the collection.

And I just remembered that there's also the ignore feature, which is a bit more straightforward than the reverse match via regex... -_-"
Old 02-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #1534
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
And I just remembered that there's also the ignore feature, which is a bit more straightforward than the reverse match via regex... -_-"
I was hoping someone would chime in that I missed something. But it seems that all the regex, ignore, renaming, etc. affect the creation of groups. But membership in groups is always a positive match of some attribute, not the absence.

So I need to either play with custom columns or add the opposite tag to my tags.

Thanks, though.
-tlc
Old 02-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #1535
Vaesse
Zealot
Vaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolateVaesse is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Another weird question. Today I was looking through the Calibre manual online for a way to create a list of books found in a search as a text document (to hunt thrift stores for books I'm missing in a series), and stumbled over the idea of hierarchical lists. I jumped on the idea of doing sub-series!

But now I'm looking for collection support. Ideally, my books should appear BOTH in the main series collection and the "Main.Sub" collection. Of course, it only puts them in main.sub at the moment. Don't know if this requires a change of my use or the plugin, but I can't imagine I'd be the only one to want this.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #1536
vallema
vallema began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Unhappy Where is this non utf8 code?

First plugin usage. The following error appears and no plugin GUI.

calibre, version 0.8.38
ERROR: Failed to view collections: <b>Failed</b>: View Kindle Collections

'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 63-64: invalid continuation byte

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 81, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_view_co llections", line 46, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_view_co llections", line 82, in generate_existing_kindle_collections_report
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_sor t", line 54, in sort_names
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_sor t", line 125, in sort_compare_kindle_names
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 63-64: invalid continuation byte

I don't know where to look to fix this character to make the plugin work. My kindle is version 3.3 and almost all my title are Italian. Thanks for the help!
mario

Last edited by vallema; 02-06-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Forgot introduction
Old 02-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #1537
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by vallema View Post
First plugin usage. The following error appears and no plugin GUI.

calibre, version 0.8.38
ERROR: Failed to view collections: <b>Failed</b>: View Kindle Collections

'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 63-64: invalid continuation byte

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 81, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_view_co llections", line 46, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_view_co llections", line 82, in generate_existing_kindle_collections_report
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_sor t", line 54, in sort_names
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_sor t", line 125, in sort_compare_kindle_names
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 63-64: invalid continuation byte

I don't know where to look to fix this character to make the plugin work. My kindle is version 3.3 and almost all my title are Italian. Thanks for the help!
mario
to MR.

The plugin author will probably have an answer later.

I suspect this is an error/damage in the collections database kept on/and used by, your K3.
Do you see any odd characters in a collection name on your K3?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #1538
tlc
Zealot

OK. I'm in the midst of setting all my Genre info in a new custom column so I can get the Collections I want on my Kindle, when I realize that Calibre2opds doesn't utilize custom cols, only tags.

And, IIRC, it does all my tags, not letting me exclude stuff.

I like Calibre2opds' generation of static HTML that I can serve with any http server (& dropbox!), rather than calibre's server. Are there other alternatives that can use custom columns?

@meme, want to generate some HTML, too?
It'd be great if these two features were driven by the same meta-data.

-tlc

Last edited by tlc; 02-06-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:48 PM   #1539
vallema
vallema began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
to MR.

I suspect this is an error/damage in the collections database kept on/and used by, your K3.
That's true! Collections disappeared from my K3. I don't cared much (the book is way too engaging) and don't know when happened. Maybe when tried to use this plugin?

Now I recreated one collection and apparently everything is OK now.

Thanks!
mario
Old 02-06-2012, 03:26 PM   #1540
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
to MR.

It's usually associated with a problem in the file name of one of the books. Running in Debug mode usually identifies which one.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #1541
vainglorious
vainglorious began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Apologies if this is a repeat but searching this thread for a particular request is pretty painful.

I have just started using the plugin and the customisation looks like it's going to be pretty fantastic. I have copied the example custom column config to create collections based on author unless there is a tag called Non-Fiction:

{tags:'contains($,"Non-Fiction","Non-Fiction", field("author"))'}

Is there a way to replace 'Non-Fiction' with a wildcard so the expression would read 'if there is any tag at all, use that for the collection, otherwise use the author name'?

Thanks

EDIT: I have tried

{tags:'contains($,field("tag"),field("tag"), field("author"))'}

but although that correctly pulls in whatever the tag is called, it seems to lose the author name as the default...

EDIT: And things like

{tags:'contains($,.*,field("tag"), field("author"))'}

trying to use a wildcard as the first part of the test but it really doesn't like that!

Last edited by vainglorious; 02-08-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:31 PM   #1542
gryphonreader
gryphonreader began at the beginning.

Device: iphone5, iPad3, Kobo Aura, Sony PRS1, Aluratak ereader, Palm Lifedrive
Hi A quick question, will this plugin work on the new Kindle touch? or is there one that will help with organizing my steadily increasing ebook collection.
Thanks in advance
Old 02-11-2012, 06:21 AM   #1543
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Read the first post of this thread.
Quote:
This plugin does not work on Kindle Touch because Amazon changed the way the Kindle manages collections on the Touch. This cannot be fixed by modifying the plugin since the collection information is no longer accessible by users. You may want to contact Amazon and ask them to provide a way to manage your collections without having to edit them using the Kindle
Old 02-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #1544
vainglorious
vainglorious began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by vainglorious View Post
Apologies if this is a repeat but searching this thread for a particular request is pretty painful.

I have just started using the plugin and the customisation looks like it's going to be pretty fantastic. I have copied the example custom column config to create collections based on author unless there is a tag called Non-Fiction:

{tags:'contains($,"Non-Fiction","Non-Fiction", field("author"))'}

Is there a way to replace 'Non-Fiction' with a wildcard so the expression would read 'if there is any tag at all, use that for the collection, otherwise use the author name'?

Thanks

EDIT: I have tried

{tags:'contains($,field("tag"),field("tag"), field("author"))'}

but although that correctly pulls in whatever the tag is called, it seems to lose the author name as the default...

EDIT: And things like

{tags:'contains($,.*,field("tag"), field("author"))'}

trying to use a wildcard as the first part of the test but it really doesn't like that!
In answer to my own question:

{tags:'ifempty($, field('author'))'}

does the job.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:39 AM   #1545
gryphonreader
gryphonreader began at the beginning.

Device: iphone5, iPad3, Kobo Aura, Sony PRS1, Aluratak ereader, Palm Lifedrive
Thanks Kiwidude

I was simply hoping that there had been a breakthough or perhaps someone had discovered a work around. I'll keep looking and if I find anything I'll post it
Cheers,

Last edited by gryphonreader; 02-17-2012 at 01:39 AM. Reason: spelling
Closed Thread