Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
David Carradine found dead

Carradine was found dead in Thai hotel, no further details

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/06/0...ine/index.html

I watched Kung Fu as a teen. in my memories that series really helped open a lot of western exposure to alernate religions and philosophy.
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post

I watched Kung Fu as a teen. in my memories that series really helped open a lot of western exposure to alernate religions and philosophy.
what you said. Loved his character.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #3
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:

NO! NO! NO! I loved Kung-Fu as a kid, and David Carradine always struck me asthe kind of laid-back guy you'd actually want to know in real life.

RIP David
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
notsure
Zealot
notsure has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350
I believe Reuters is reporting it was a suicide, he was found hanged in his luxury hotel room. :-(

RIP Mr. C
notsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:05 PM   #5
Fathermole
Connoisseur
Fathermole began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Wow thats too bad .
Fathermole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #6
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

being found hanging in a closet sounds kind of hinky to me. NPR sue is not getting on that band wagon yet.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #7
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I think the details are still in flux, so no point freaking about rumors yet.

I shall miss David, and fondly remember Caine as the kind of strong and self-reliant character I'd like to be capable of being in an ideal world (or even a less-than-ideal one).
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...ine-obit_N.htm
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #9
krisk
Wizard

I'm not freaking, just saying
Old 06-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #10
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Awwww No what a shame he was excellent in everything I ever saw him in.

RIP Grasshopper
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 05:39 AM   #11
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure View Post
I believe Reuters is reporting it was a suicide, he was found hanged in his luxury hotel room. :-(

RIP Mr. C
There are now more details on Wikipedia, updating often - it looks like an accident to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Carradine
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:32 AM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Kung Fu was one of my favourite shows......
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:37 PM   #13
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
It seems he was doing something kinky that went wrong...
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #14
krisk
Wizard

yeah, it's looking more like that. and odd as it is, it is still preferable to the thought of him killing himself on purpose
Old 06-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #15
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Quote:
yeah, it's looking more like that. and odd as it is, it is still preferable to the thought of him killing himself on purpose
True! At least he went out with a ...

Anyway, I'm off to watch Kill Bill Parts 1 and 2.

One of my favorites.
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote