Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 03-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #1
nathan.grewal
Dickens Fanatic
nathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo touch, iPod touch 4th gen, kobo arc, kobo arc 10 HD, nexus 5
Kobo Arc 10 hd root?

Hey guys,
I was wondering- how do I root my Kobo Arc 10 HD? Can anyone with one of the 2013 arc's confirm a safe way to root one of these tablets? What I want is stock android- I may not do it, but I've been using stock android on my nexus 5 and i'm REALLY loving it.
So, basically, is it safe, how do I do it, and, after rooting, how do I consistently get myself android updates?
Thanks guys.
nathan.grewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:56 PM   #2
ipse
Connoisseur
ipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo Aura, Arc 10HD
Not sure if you ever got your answer - I just joined the forum - but head to XDA forums and search for Kobo. Not too many results (alas...) so you'l quickly find the thread and instructions.
I have done it myself a month ago...no issues so far.

PS. Dunno if my karma allows me to post links.

Last edited by ipse; 05-02-2014 at 01:21 PM.
ipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2014, 06:48 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2507886 you mean
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:20 PM   #4
ipse
Connoisseur
ipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than momipse loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo Aura, Arc 10HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Yup...you got it. Like I said, I have tested the procedure myself, so I can confirm it's working fine.

PS Gee, I CAN post links
ipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #5
nathan.grewal
Dickens Fanatic
nathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of lightnathan.grewal is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo touch, iPod touch 4th gen, kobo arc, kobo arc 10 HD, nexus 5
Thanks for the replies. I'll look into this
nathan.grewal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
android, arc, kobo, root, stock