Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
Jon_AK
Jon_AK began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba
Turn off annoying flag in reading pane

hi all,

while in the reading pane of a book, if my mouse happens to rest for more than a couple seconds anywhere in the reading pane this annoying little flag shows up which contains a line or two of text from the beginning of a paragraph the mouse cursor is closest to.

i wish to turn that off but i cannot find a setting to do this. is there a way to do thsi? if not, can we please have a version upgrade that will allow that to be turned off?
Jon_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're going to have to post a screenshot, because I have no idea what you are talking about.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 11:41 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try turning off Reference mode in the calibre viewer; on my viewer it's the 12th icon down on the left hand side of the screen.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:04 AM   #4
Jon_AK

that was the first thing i turned off but that is the button for controlling the flag that displays the paragraph number in the upper left of the screen. this is a very small flag that appears all over the reading pane wherever your mouse happens to be. it displays a shortened version of the beginning of a paragraph .
Old 03-27-2013, 02:27 AM   #5
Jon_AK

Attached is a pdf of a screen show depicting the random locations where this flag appears if i move my mouse on the reading pane and let it "hover" there for more than a couple seconds.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FlagDisplaying.pdf (265.9 KB, 323 views)
Advert
Old 03-27-2013, 02:35 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

There's nothing in the viewer that causes that, its likely the file you are viewing defines tooltips for its various paragraphs (HTML title attribute), which is what you are seeing.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #7
Jon_AK

you're correct in saying it is in the ebook. i opened a few others and had no issues with this... guess i should have done that sooner. do you know of any add-ins that will remove this?
Old 03-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Edit your ebook in an ebook editing program like sigil and remove the title attributes.