Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
Shadist
Shadist began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
"[Errno 2] No such file or directory" When trying to put books on my nook. Any advice

Ok, so I searched and the only mention I found of this error was a while ago and the answers didn't seem pertinent to my problem. . .

I am getting the following error on about 27 files (out of 900+) when I try to upload these specific 27 books to my nook.

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'L:\\Allston, Aaron\\Star Wars_ New Jedi Order 12_ Enemy Lines 01_ - Rebel Dream - Aaron Allston.epub'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 64, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 382, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 240, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\cli.py", line 52, in put_file
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'L:\\Allston, Aaron\\Star Wars_ New Jedi Order 12_ Enemy Lines 01_ - Rebel Dream - Aaron Allston.epub'

There are a few problems with this. First and foremost the file IS there. I am also able to read it via Calibre itself. I have made multiple formatted copies, moved the library, verified the files were there. Removed and re-added the specific files. . .

Nothing, still getting the error message.

This is more vexing because I had these same files on the nook before and, in getting a larger memory card, had to load them again only to have them fail.

Any thoughts?

P.s. I was getting this same error pre and post update.
Shadist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadist View Post
Any thoughts?
Case mismatch?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
Zifnab
Zifnab began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek
I just upgraded and now I am getting the same error:
calibre, version 0.7.51
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IOError</b>:[Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Program Files\\Calibre2\\resources\\recipes\\thestar.recip e'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\scheduler.py", line 548, in check
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\recipes\model.py", line 372, in get_to_be_downloaded_recipes
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\recipes\model.py", line 164, in get_recipe
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\recipes\model.py", line 156, in get_builtin_recipe
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\resources.py", line 68, in get_path
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Program Files\\Calibre2\\resources\\recipes\\thestar.recip e'
The file, thestar.recipe, does not exist, neither did the resources folder, so I created it, but the error shows up every few minutes, even when Calibre is open and I am not doing anything with it at the time.
Zifnab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/742840
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
Shadist
Shadist began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I'm going to do a clean install when I get home.

Thank you for all you, by the way. Your program makes my nook so much more enjoyable as I am able to manage things more effectively.
Shadist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote