Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-21-2007, 08:05 AM   #16
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
I'm seeing that in my test area too. Not sure why it worked yesterday.

Try the attachment in post #12. That should work without any extra libs and should do it's own refreshes.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:43 AM   #17
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

I think I fixed the segfault. Let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: zip gtkclock.zip (50.1 KB, 345 views)
File Type: txt gtkclock.txt (4.5 KB, 320 views)
Old 09-21-2007, 08:52 AM   #18
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Rebooting right now. Running shell script via Contentlister: got some "freezing".
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:56 AM   #19
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Code:
./gtkclock
in mrxvt -> clock in top left pos is running.

Code:
export DISPLAY=:0
export scriptdir=`/usr/bin/dirname $0`
cd $scriptdir
./gtkclock --location=br --format=%H:%M --foreground=black --background=white
as run.sh/CL doesn't finish blicking LED.

Last edited by yokos; 09-21-2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:58 AM   #20
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos View Post
Code:
./gtkclock
in mrxvt -> clock in top left pos is running.
Updating automatically without the hacked libx11? How about using the --location=tr?
Old 09-21-2007, 09:03 AM   #21
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

[QUOTE=Adam B.;99004]Updating automatically without the hacked libx11?
QUOTE]
Yep, updates every second [because of hh:mm:ss]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B. View Post
Updating automatically without the hacked libx11? How about using the --location=tr?
Rebooting.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:05 AM   #22
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
Yep, updates every second [because of hh:mm:ss]

Rebooting.
Don't you have dropbear installed on the iLiad? It really makes life easier...
Old 09-21-2007, 09:08 AM   #23
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Don't you have dropbear installed on the iLiad? It really makes life easier...
I'm in the library - one network cable only/WLAN PCMCIA card at home.

[./gtkclock -l=tr] is working. Seconds of hh:mm:ss are out of screen.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:13 AM   #24
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

Quote:
I'm in the library - one network cable only/WLAN PCMCIA card at home.

[./gtkclock -l=tr] is working. Seconds of hh:mm:ss are out of screen.
Damn, that sucks...

How about -l=bl and -l=br as well? That's what I'd use the most.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:16 AM   #25
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

Quote:
Damn, that sucks...

How about -l=bl and -l=br as well? That's what I'd use the most.
both -l=bx are not working.
Code:
(gtkclock:852): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_migration not initialised yet

(gtkclock:852): Gtk-WARNING **: Screen for GtkWindow not set; you must always set
a screen for a GtkWindow before using the window

(gtkclock:852): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_pango_context_get_for_screen: assertion `GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed
Segmentation fault
Is "screen" the same as one of gtkclock options'?
Old 09-21-2007, 09:27 AM   #26
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting

I don't think so, that seems to be an internal variable...

I wonder why the top works, but not the bottom. Odd. I'll probably have to troubleshoot that when I can test on my own iLiad.
Old 09-24-2007, 10:18 AM   #27
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

A problem is that the app which is lying above the toolbar/pagebar gets kickout out of this area from time to time. I recognized this behaviour using the GUI mpd client Gimmix.
I don't know if setting "gtk window not moveable" or so could fix it.

The analogue clock xonclock [still stuggles a bit] has got many options to set the pos of screen. I will have a look at it & hopefully learn something.

Last edited by yokos; 09-24-2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: xonclock
Old 10-22-2007, 12:24 PM   #28
ddavtian
Addict
ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ddavtian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sage, Elipsa, Oasis, Galaxy Tab 8U, S22U
Clock for average Joe?

Hi guys.

Is there a version for somebody who only knows how to install applications on iLiad (click on the install icon :-) and doesn't know how to submit linux commands on it?

I'd love to have this clock.

Thanks, David
ddavtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #29
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
This is already the average Joe version, i have no idea of linux and i tried this one without problems, just run from the content lister.
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:02 PM   #30
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by templario View Post
This is already the average Joe version, i have no idea of linux and i tried this one without problems, just run from the content lister.
Did you install gtkclock.0.1.zip from the 1st post? This seems to be the only one with a manifest etcetera. if I follow the discussion correctly, some of Adam B.'s later versions could be installed much more simply (no need for a gtkclock.install phase). But perhaps they are not yet ready for general use, or need to be copied on top of the gtkclock.0.1 version.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote