Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 08-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #16
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

Device: Kindle Fire (5th Gen), Nook Color
Does size matter so much in an N2A card (homemade or not)? Is there any reason bigger would be better?
jezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:53 PM   #17
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I found that the speed is what matters most. I ran CM7 on a 8 GB Kingston 4x card with virtually no problems. When I tried using a 10x card, I couldn't even get it to boot.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2012, 01:33 AM   #18
jezebel
Fanatic
jezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoonjezebel knows that there *is* no spoon

thanks, kevinp.

I see there is more than one place to buy cards from, and if I'm reading correctly, they are not all the same. Do some have different things on them? Am I correct in assuming that I want one from the place with the most customer support?
Old 08-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #19
livramax
Addict
livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.livramax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Aura HD, Galaxy Note 8, Fire HD10, Galaxy S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I found that the speed is what matters most. I ran CM7 on a 8 GB Kingston 4x card with virtually no problems. When I tried using a 10x card, I couldn't even get it to boot.
What matters for this use of SD card (i.e., running OS & Apps) is random read/write speeds for which Classes 4 & 2 outperform the higher Classes 6 & 10 which are optimized for sequential read/write speeds.

This thread contains benchmark results for a wide number of SD card brands and classes.
livramax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 07:50 PM   #20
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I have had wonderful experience with n2a customer service. They replaced the n2a card I bought from them, 7 months after purchase, when it was having issues and wouldn't update. I definitely recommend them!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #21
jezebel
Fanatic

thanks for the vote of confidence for them, booklover6. I placed my order for one this morning.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #22
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Be sure to save your order number, as that is very important, should you need customer service. I think you need it to register on the user forums, too.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:56 AM   #23
MEPossible
MEPossible began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Tablet 16gb
N2a card for nook tablet

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknit View Post
Thanks, Livramax. I've been playing with the NT without the card and not having any problems, so it does appear to be the card. I think my son still wants to just sell the NT but if not I will try what you've linked to, if I can't exchange the card. Thanks again.
N2A card support is great. If you have a problem get on line with their support They will go the extra mile to help . I had a simple question as i am an expert with windows and macs but still learning Android . They responded quickly as were outstanding

I love my NT and the N2A CARD. Best of both worlds.
MEPossible is offline   Reply With Quote