Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-24-2014, 01:37 PM   #406
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
Latest version will be in my last post in the thread.
As always it could be better if you create a new thread for this topic so that you can update first post for the updates. AFAIU you are the only member working on this topic right now.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:47 PM   #407
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
As always it could be better if you create a new thread for this topic so that you can update first post for the updates. AFAIU you are the only member working on this topic right now.
I did that, but the mods merged my new thread into this one =/
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2014, 11:35 AM   #408
TheNalu
TheNalu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
So... can someone explain to me how the plug in works. I installed it in calibre, but I'm new to calibre as well. I see the plug in in my plug in list but do not see anything tool or option for making an xray in calibre.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question.
TheNalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #409
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNalu View Post
So... can someone explain to me how the plug in works. I installed it in calibre, but I'm new to calibre as well. I see the plug in in my plug in list but do not see anything tool or option for making an xray in calibre.

Once you load the plugin and have it installed you need to restart Calibre to enable it. You should then have an XRay button along the top bar. If not, try removing and re-adding it.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #410
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
Also you must first convert the book to mobi if it's not, and then press the button and fill the shelfari address, wikipedia if you want, and generate.
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #411
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:

The plugin hasn't been updated for Calibre 2 yet - there was a change to the interfaces and I need to do a bit of work to get it going.
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 05:03 PM   #412
Ephemerality
Addict

To make it easier for people to find and download, the command-line and gui versions of my x-ray program and any updates will be available here:https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=245754.
That is, as long as the moderators don't merge my thread again.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:53 PM   #413
TheNalu
TheNalu began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
The plugin hasn't been updated for Calibre 2 yet - there was a change to the interfaces and I need to do a bit of work to get it going.
Ah I see. I was able to get the gui version to work perfectly, I was just curious about the plug in
TheNalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 02:51 AM   #414
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ah I see. I was able to get the gui version to work perfectly, I was just curious about the plug in
To be honest the GUI version is better, there are known faults in the plug in which I haven't had time to fix.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:08 AM   #415
ricocarlos
ricocarlos began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE
but I need the plugin

any eta on when that plugin might work with Calibre2? I upgraded my software and lost my X-ray plugin. I use it all the time. I really appreciate that plugin...
ricocarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:57 PM   #416
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricocarlos View Post
any eta on when that plugin might work with Calibre2? I upgraded my software and lost my X-ray plugin. I use it all the time. I really appreciate that plugin...
If you're feeling brave you could try the attached. I haven't tested it quite as much as I'd like but the Calibre 2 updates seem OK. Probably.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugin_xray_generator-0.1.402-experimental.zip (74.4 KB, 297 views)
Old 10-30-2014, 06:58 AM   #417
manipeaci
manipeaci began at the beginning.

Did not work for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwilson View Post
If you're feeling brave you could try the attached. I haven't tested it quite as much as I'd like but the Calibre 2 updates seem OK. Probably.
I did not get the plugin to work.
I run Calibre 2.7.0 with Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.

I downloaded the plugin, opened Calibre, Preferences -> Preferences -> Plugins -> Load Plugin from File -> and selected the Zip. restarted Calibre but without any result. Tried to uninstall and reinstall but nothing happens.

Any idea why it might be so?
New version of Calibre?

--- Edit ---

So, after going threw this thread and playing a lot in Calibre I found out that the silly mistake I did was that I didn't go and customized the toolbar. Silly me.

Now it works, at least most books do. Great plugin! Many thanks!

Last edited by manipeaci; 10-30-2014 at 11:03 AM.
manipeaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 01:54 PM   #418
mjwilson
Connoisseur

Glad to hear it succeeded!
Old 10-31-2014, 09:20 AM   #419
ricocarlos
ricocarlos began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE
Excellent. Looks like it's working for me too.
ricocarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 10:40 AM   #420
dongdong
dongdong began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
having great difficulties using the calibre plugin.

I converted the book calibre from mobi to mobi, input the link in the x-ray plugin, with the aliases blank.

X-ray file is successfully created and placed in the sdr folder.

however, when I enter the book, the X-ray icon will be grayed out, when I select a character and select the X-ray icon, "No Xray Found".

Hmm why is this so?
dongdong is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray