Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
papelboyh1
papelboyh1 began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to transfer borders books to Kindle?

I have 2 e-books from borders.com. I can read these using my PC. I just acquired a new iPad but it seem the borders app that i can access is from borders.com.au not borders.com as such I cannot access my borders.com acct.

Any ideas on how to transfer the borders book to the kindle app? Thank you
papelboyh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If you download the ePub version and can read it on a PC/Mac using Adobe Digital Editions, then you can also read it on the iPad using Bluefire Reader.

To read the ePub with the Kindle app, you need to a) strip the Adobe DRM, and b) convert from ePub to MOBI. If you add a 3rd party plugin from the tools_v3.1 bundle to Calibre, it will do both (a) and (b) for you. As usual, see Apprentice Alf's Blog for DRM info (start with the oldest post).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
In addition to Bluefire (which I currently prefer) you might look for txtr, iFlowReader, or Kobo. All of these are Adobe DRM compatible. The Kobo app, last time I looked, is the same as the Borders app except for branding, and it supports iTunes File Sharing (txtr and iFlowReader require you to create an account and upload your content to personal cloud storage).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
papelboyh1

edit

Last edited by papelboyh1; 01-10-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:53 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papelboyh1 View Post
how?
Add the DRM-stripping 3rd party plugin to Calibre, and then import the Adobe ePub.
Advert
Old 01-10-2011, 11:17 PM   #6
papelboyh1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
To read the ePub with the Kindle app, you need to a) strip the Adobe DRM, and b) convert from ePub to MOBI. If you add a 3rd party plugin from the tools_v3.1 bundle to Calibre, it will do both (a) and (b) for you. As usual, see Apprentice Alf's Blog for DRM info (start with the oldest post).
once ive converted the ePub to mobi format, how do i sent it to the kindle app? ty
Old 01-10-2011, 11:22 PM   #7
wallcraft
reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by papelboyh1 View Post
once ive converted the ePub to mobi format, how do i sent it to the kindle app? ty
The new version, released today, offers several upload options. See Kindle for IOS updated.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:20 AM   #8
papelboyh1

just a question again:

which plugins do i need to install for the calibre? Adobe ePub and Mobi? Thank you