Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-03-2010, 06:38 AM   #1
nickygrist
nickygrist began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Editing book titles

Hi can someone tell me the correct way to edit my books so they are in correct order, as they always seem to end up mixed up. I use calibre to download books to reader
nickygrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 05:09 AM   #2
ctol
Groupie
ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Fire Tablet, Windows RT Tablet Windows Phone
Nickygrist, this is what I do. First I make sure the books are in the proper sequence using the series numbering system in Calibre, i.e. Book 1, Book 2 etc. The I copy them one a time to my reader. That way they are in the proper sequence when I view on my reader. This process can be a little time consuming but it works well for me. Perhaps one of the other members might suggest a better method.
ctol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
nickygrist
nickygrist began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctol View Post
Nickygrist, this is what I do. First I make sure the books are in the proper sequence using the series numbering system in Calibre, i.e. Book 1, Book 2 etc. The I copy them one a time to my reader. That way they are in the proper sequence when I view on my reader. This process can be a little time consuming but it works well for me. Perhaps one of the other members might suggest a better method.
Thanks that,s probably were am going wrong, copying them over all at once, I will try them one at a time

Cheers ctol
nickygrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
I don't know what I did right, but I'm using calibre to copy mine over as well, but I'm doing it batches at a time. So far, I think it's missed adding a title to the right collection only once, and they're all in the correct series order, too.
Then again, I've just spent the last month sorting and adding my books to Calibre, adding metadata as I go, so maybe it's all that work that's now paying off.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote