Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
Books transfer fine to device....but not to SD card

using Calibre....transferring to device i can see them under My Documents...when i transfer to the SD card, they don't show up at all....do the books have to be in a My Documents folder on the SD card to be seen on the device? (found out no is the answer to that one)

I've rebooted so don't think that's the issue. Also how do you dump the generic B&N Library books since they're invisible on the device when viewing them on my computer. Oh well, sending to the main device works fine, not like i'll fill it up any time soon with books.

Last edited by krighton; 06-30-2010 at 08:36 PM.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:10 AM   #2
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

is it possible that even though i can see the sd card on my computer...that the card itself is not compatible with the nook? I'm supposing that looking at my documents on the nook should show the books on the sd card...is there some other place to view the books that are stored on an sd?
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 09:12 AM   #3
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Can't delete those generic B&N books that I know of. Have you tried a different SD card? It may be defective. It happens.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:41 AM   #4
krighton
Addict

i'll get a new one today and try it out....formats fine, copies data fine, just won't show up on nook...i'm guessing some card types just aren't compatible.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:15 AM   #5
nyrath
Addict
nyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfolded

Device: nook
When I use Calibre to transfer books to my Nook's SD card, I have to go to My Documents then select the "Check For New Content" entry in the touch screen menu.

After a minute or two, the new books appear on the main screen.
nyrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #6
krighton
Addict

did the check for new content, nothing showed up...does it automatically span across internal and sd memory and show them all in my documents? I'm guessing i just dump the files to the sd with calibre and don't have to create any special directories. Though i also did a check for new content when i downloaded a sample of a book from B&N and i didn't see that either (just checked again, it finally showed up, guess i need to be more patient with B&N downloads in the future).

Last edited by krighton; 07-01-2010 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrath View Post
When I use Calibre to transfer books to my Nook's SD card, I have to go to My Documents then select the "Check For New Content" entry in the touch screen menu.

After a minute or two, the new books appear on the main screen.
Good point. He should probably try that before getting a new card.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #8
nyrath
Addict
nyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfolded

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
did the check for new content, nothing showed up...does it automatically span across internal and sd memory and show them all in my documents?
Yes, the Nook automatically checks all folders in both internal and SD memory for user added ebook files. They appear in "my documents", regardless of whether they are in internal or SD memory.

Currently the Nook only recognizes epub, PDF and eReader PDB documents.
nyrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 08:18 AM   #9
krighton
Addict

bought a 4gb card at bb to replace the 2gb i had in there....works fine. The card i had in there was a sandisk (worked fine on other devices) the one i replaced it with was a PNY (on sale at best buy this week for 14.99). So guess it's picky about what sd card you shove in there.