Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #16
joelong
joelong began at the beginning.

Device: None yet
Minisuit clips not centered?

I recently bought one of the Minisuit covers. My only complaint is that the clips that grip the sides of the Kindle seem to be slightly offset to the left, which means that the Kindle isn't quite centered from left to right in the case. Has anyone else with this cover noticed this?
joelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #17
Bob Butler
Connoisseur
Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelong View Post
I recently bought one of the Minisuit covers. My only complaint is that the clips that grip the sides of the Kindle seem to be slightly offset to the left, which means that the Kindle isn't quite centered from left to right in the case. Has anyone else with this cover noticed this?
I think that's intentional -- it makes it less likely that you will accidentally bump the next page button on the right side.

I wish they had done something similar on the bottom (made the case maybe half an inch longer). Having the Kindle inset slightly gives it more protection if the case is dropped and hits on the edge.

I'm happy with it. There are just a few small things I'd like to see improved, but it's a lot better than the useless thing Amazon shipped with the Kindle.
Bob Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #18
eBookNerd
Connoisseur
eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eBookNerd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ebookwise 1150, Kindle, Sony PRS 505
Berni,
How were you able to remove the red dye from your Kindle? The same thing happened to mine and I've been too scared to try to remove it!
eBookNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:07 PM   #19
adfleisher
Enthusiast
adfleisher doesn't litteradfleisher doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 360, Nook
not sure about the red, but the wife had one of those Mr. Clean magic erasers around the house and that took off the black from mine.
adfleisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 05:16 PM   #20
bernilynn
bernilynn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle; Centro
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookNerd View Post
Berni,
How were you able to remove the red dye from your Kindle? The same thing happened to mine and I've been too scared to try to remove it!
I tried an ink eraser, which didn't work, but then I used some 3M keyboard cleaner, and that did work. The Magic Eraser is a good idea as well.

Meantime, has anyone heard anything from Tuff-Luv? I pre-ordered a cover a couple of weeks ago, and have gotten no response. The website now says they are in stock, but I've emailed them several times with no results.
bernilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2008, 10:01 AM   #21
bernilynn
bernilynn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle; Centro
Received my Tuff-luv leather case!

Now this is a well designed case. The leather is smooth and feels good; the case is secured by two bottom holders and the original Kindle plastic thingie in the back; you can easily reach the power and whispernet buttons; it angles beautifully, so you can stand it up; and it's lighter and more compact than both the original case and the M-Edge. It's available here:

http://www.amazon.com/Tuff-Luv-Execu...4078759&sr=8-4

I would buy it through Amazon- the company (I-Unique) tends to be very uncommunicative, and I almost ended up with 2 of the.

Now, if it only came in colors.........

Berni
bernilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 11:37 AM   #22
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
If only it was in any color but black.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:47 AM   #23
choklateice
choklateice began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drevil123 View Post
I found new leather cases for the Kindle on Amazon when I was searching for another Vizu silicone case.

http://www.amazon.com/MiniSuit-Amazo...0400048&sr=8-5

Did anyone tried this yet? I bought the silicone case from Vizu a couple months back but I want to get something more classy for my dad. The case looks great but I don't know whether to choose from this or the m-edge one. The M-edge seems a lot more pricier, any thoughts?
I like this one it's nice and plain and it looks like a good fit, plus you can't go wrong with black.
choklateice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:26 PM   #24
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I haven't gotten anything on my Kindle yet, but I find when I smear something like sharpie ink (which I did on my dining room table) that a little regular white toothpaste and a some scrubbing with a finger will take it right off.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!