Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 06-27-2016, 02:58 PM   #46
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Your links are bad, Nelebh.

You need to fix them, please.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:53 PM   #47
Nelebh
Nelebh began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+, Kobo Clara HD, Hanlin V5 (not in use)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Your links are bad, Nelebh.

You need to fix them, please.

Don
(Moderator)
Sorry, Don. They are already fixed. I was trying to post using Tapatalk and mixed up things. My bad.
Nelebh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2016, 09:44 AM   #48
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Reply from Onyx about availability in the US:
"Kepler Pro will be available in USA in July. You can check it in Amazon.com."

8/4/16:
"Kepler Pro still not release as the material delay. Kepler Pro with Freescale i.mx6 CPU + 300dpi screen + 1G RAM + 16G flash + 3000mah battery. and we're developing Android OS4.4 and plan to launch in Q3."

Last edited by jscris; 08-04-2016 at 01:10 PM.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:15 PM   #49
readabit
Enthusiast
readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, NOOK Color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
8/4/16:
"Kepler Pro still not release as the material delay. Kepler Pro with Freescale i.mx6 CPU + 300dpi screen + 1G RAM + 16G flash + 3000mah battery. and we're developing Android OS4.4 and plan to launch in Q3."
Thanks much for that update! Too bad about the delay, but I'm glad to hear confirmation that they're aiming for Android 4.4.
readabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 09:08 PM   #50
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
Reply from Onyx about availability in the US:
"Kepler Pro will be available in USA in July. You can check it in Amazon.com."

8/4/16:
I hope they actually make this target (Q3 being nearly half over), as their planned release timeframes has been a moving target (June, then July, and now "Q3").

Then again, with Boyue stating that they have no immediate intention of releasing a multi-language version of the T63, I've little choice but to wait for the Kepler.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2016, 09:42 PM   #51
readabit
Enthusiast
readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.readabit could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrafn View Post
I hope they actually make this target (Q3 being nearly half over), as their planned release timeframes has been a moving target (June, then July, and now "Q3").
I hear ya. I wouldn't be surprised if Q3 ends up meaning the very end of September. Though that would be better than it being perpetually pushed back.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:49 PM   #52
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by readabit View Post
Thanks much for that update! Too bad about the delay, but I'm glad to hear confirmation that they're aiming for Android 4.4.
Android 4.4 should have been named Android Diarrhea. I would far prefer 4.2.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:40 AM   #53
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
I emailed Onyx International to ask about the Kepler Pro. The following is the response I received. We might want to take a wait and see attitude, but it's sounding hopeful:

Thanks for your email and support. You can check with our distributors http://boox.com/index.php/en/2014-11-19-03-40-07

This week we will deliver one batch Kepler Pro to our Netherland distributor, you can check with them directly

E-mail: info@e-readerweb.nl
Tel: 06 11342995
KVK nr: 27334799

best regards
Onyx International Inc.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:46 AM   #54
readabit
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
Android 4.4 should have been named Android Diarrhea. I would far prefer 4.2.
I'm curious, why do you say that? I was simply figuring newer Android would be better for us than older (and have a longer life in terms of app support), but it sounds like you perceive there to be some significant issues with 4.4 vs 4.2?
Old 08-17-2016, 11:23 PM   #55
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Because Android 4.4 crippled the ability of applications using external storage.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:42 AM   #56
readabit
Enthusiast

Quote:
Because Android 4.4 crippled the ability of applications using external storage.
Oh that's right--I'd forgotten about that! Yeah, that would not be terribly useful then in a ereader.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:09 PM   #57
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
This was fixed again in a later version of Android wasn't it? Should we be petitioning Onyx Boox to skip 4.4 and go straight to 5.0?
Old 08-19-2016, 06:21 PM   #58
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness

Quote:
This was fixed again in a later version of Android wasn't it? Should we be petitioning Onyx Boox to skip 4.4 and go straight to 5.0?
I believe so.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #59
fonix232
Enthusiast
fonix232 doesn't litterfonix232 doesn't litter

Device: KOA4
Quote:
Doubt they would comply. Moving to 4.4 from 4.2 is a relatively easy step, but the 4.4-5.0 jump is a lot bigger. It's a major OS change, lots of small parts have been changed - and I'm pretty sure it isn't their decision to stick to 4.0-4.4, but Rockchips - they never released 5.0 to the rk30xx or rk31xx series.
fonix232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:45 AM   #60
Hrafn
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonix232 View Post
Doubt they would comply. Moving to 4.4 from 4.2 is a relatively easy step, but the 4.4-5.0 jump is a lot bigger. It's a major OS change, lots of small parts have been changed - and I'm pretty sure it isn't their decision to stick to 4.0-4.4, but Rockchips - they never released 5.0 to the rk30xx or rk31xx series.
But does 4.4 make any sense in a product, one of whose main selling points over the Kindle/Kobo competition is its microSD card (which 4.4 would largely nobble)? What Android versions have Rockchips released for the rk30xx/rk31xx?

Alternatively, should we be suggesting that they go no further than 4.2 (the Kepler is currently on 4.0) until Rockchips releases a newer version that handles microSD?