Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-17-2013, 04:48 AM   #1
tsolignani
Zealot
tsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercisetsolignani juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: iPad
how does iBooks identify epub notes-syncing-wise?

I had an epub I had to modify with Calibre's «modify ePub» plugin, for there were some quirks. I did NOT modify metadata such as title and author. When I put my modified epub back into iBooks, I saw all my notes, bookmarks, etc. were lost.

I had kept a copy of the original epub, so I put it again into iBooks and voilà my notes were back, of course only into the original epub and not into the new one, which is still devoid of them.

But those 2 epubs have the same title and author into metadata.

So I wonder what does iBooks use to refer notes to books and if I can edit the iBooksData2.plist (the file which contains the notes) to «refer» the older notes to the new version of the same books, or else how to «tell» iBooks that the new one is just an upgrade of the old one.

Thank you.

–
cordialmente,

[Promotion deleted - MODERATOR]

PS I usually use Marvin, but this time I needed to read both into iPad and iPhone while syncing notes.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-07-2014 at 11:06 AM.
tsolignani is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ibooksdata2.plist, metadata, notes, sync