Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 12-19-2012, 02:06 AM   #1
sinistry
sinistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sinistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sinistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sinistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sinistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sinistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sinistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sinistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sinistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sinistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sinistry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
How to accustom myself to notebooks?

I am accustomed to write on a large computer and my childhood was spent writing on a big desktop computer. Only a decade or so ago I have started using a laptop and now I am used to it without using an external mouse.I have recently bought an ipad and since I am finding it more comfy and easier to carry but the problem remains since I cannot easily write on this small device and the letters there are too small and my fingers slip whenever I type. What is the solution?
sinistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:43 AM   #2
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Practice.. Your hands will get used to it over time.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2012, 02:48 AM   #3
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
sinistry

Unfortunately, besides practice helping, you must slow down.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:08 AM   #4
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
You can buy a portable keyboard. There are several models that also act as an ipad case.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:11 AM   #5
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
You can buy a portable keyboard. There are several models that also act as an ipad case.
I think this is the only practical solution if you intend to do much textual content creation on a tablet. Until we all type on devices like they do in Star Trek: TNG.

(Chordal data entry on tactile-feedback touch surfaces.)

Last edited by ApK; 12-19-2012 at 10:18 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #6
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
You have a lot of choices in BlueTooth keyboards and/or integrated cases. As I noted in another thread, I'm currently a fan of the Logitech "Ultraslim Keyboard Cover." I recall seeing a case somewhere that was designed to carry around the full-size Apple BT keyboard (nice keyboard!) with the iPad and provide a stand for the screen.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote