Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Calling Sony Style re: Firmware upgrade

I just called the 'toll-free' number for Sony Style with regards to having my PRS-500 firmware upgraded for the international denzien.
The gentlemen I spoke to, Benjamin, said this firmware upgrade is 'something they have just been talking about' and he expressed that he was unsure when it would be going ahead. He said he was unsure whether people outside the US would be able to have their firmware upgraded.
Furthermore, he knew about the website content and the trade-in offer (strange he knew about one and not the other..)
He encouraged me to ring back in a couple of weeks. He did not take my details.
Oh, and that was after I stated I was willing to pay to have my PRS-500 sent from Australia to be firmware upgraded!
On to Round 2: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...408#post660408

Last edited by AprilHare; 11-17-2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Link to Round 2
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:09 AM   #2
iacchi
Zealot
iacchi is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500; Boox C67ML; Boox Max
Can you tell me which is the toll-free number? Maybe this one: (877) 865-7669 ?
I'll call with Skype just like you
iacchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iacchi View Post
Can you tell me which is the toll-free number? Maybe this one: (877) 865-7669 ?
I'll call with Skype just like you
I have 866-962-7669 here.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:14 AM   #4
iacchi
Zealot

Ok, thanks
Old 11-21-2009, 08:15 AM   #5
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Ok, thanks
You are very welcome Let us know how you fare!
Old 12-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
iacchi
Zealot

I did it!
Sony let me send the device to the center in Texas. I didn't even have to discuss, I just told the guy that I'll pay all the shipment expenses and he said ok and gave me the reference number.
AprilHare: he told me that Sony will pay the shipment back only within the US, so you may find a bill from the US to Australia when you receive the package.

The only bad thing: he gave me the reference number on the telephone, but I hoped to receive an e-mail, too, just to be sure of the informations.

Just to be sure, can you confirm me the address?

Laredo Repair Center
10227 crossroads loop, suite C
Laredo, Texas, 78045
Old 12-05-2009, 09:01 AM   #7
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
That's the address on my UPS receipt.

Cheers,
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #8
iacchi
Zealot

Thanks
Old 12-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #9
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
I did it!
Sony let me send the device to the center in Texas. I didn't even have to discuss, I just told the guy that I'll pay all the shipment expenses and he said ok and gave me the reference number.
AprilHare: he told me that Sony will pay the shipment back only within the US, so you may find a bill from the US to Australia when you receive the package.

The only bad thing: he gave me the reference number on the telephone, but I hoped to receive an e-mail, too, just to be sure of the informations.

Just to be sure, can you confirm me the address?

Laredo Repair Center
10227 crossroads loop, suite C
Laredo, Texas, 78045
Address confirmed (I addressed it to Sony Electronics and the same suite which is a good sign!) - here it is on Google Maps for your viewing pleasure. Linky
Yeah I was somewhat steamed about the no e-mail thing too.

Last edited by AprilHare; 12-06-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:02 AM   #10
Willo142
Enthusiast
Willo142 began at the beginning.

Device: None
how much did it cost too ship?
Willo142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:16 AM   #11
AprilHare
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willo142 View Post
how much did it cost too ship?
Difficult question to answer (for you). Don't know where you are, and don't know whether you want to send fastest delivery or not.
I paid about $A25.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #12
Willo142
Enthusiast
Willo142 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
Difficult question to answer (for you). Don't know where you are, and don't know whether you want to send fastest delivery or not.
I paid about $A25.
Im in the UK.
im still debating weather too send it in or not. one becasue of the trouble you had doing it, and that its a little bit broken lol
Willo142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willo142 View Post
Im in the UK.
im still debating weather too send it in or not. one because of the trouble you had doing it, and that its a little bit broken lol
Someone posted in another thread that a broken 500 was sent in and a 505 was returned.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:10 PM   #14
AprilHare
Wizard

Times to call

I found out the times of the switchboard for Sony (hope they're up-to-date):
Hours: Mon-Fri 8:00AM-12:00AM (Midnight) / Sat-Sun 9:00AM-8:00PM EST
For Australians on the east cost (daylight savings), that corresponds to:
Tue-Sat 12:00AM (Midnight) - 4:00PM / Sun-Mon 1:00AM-12:00PM (Midday) (AEDT).

Last edited by AprilHare; 12-07-2009 at 12:45 AM. Reason: whoops :)
Old 12-09-2009, 10:01 PM   #15
AprilHare
Wizard

My Reader is back now!