Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Weird problem

Last night I put my Kobo Touch on sleep mode and when I went to use it again after a few hours the power was of and it had only 21 books on it when I put it on sleep mode it had about 250 books on it
Also before that I wasn't able to sync it... it just stayed on syncing the first book
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
Do you have a Micro SD card installed? If so, the reader may have lost track of the fact that it's there. Pop it out and put it back in, and see if that brings back your books.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Nope, no micro SD, no sideloaded books, just Kobo books
I'm attempting a factory reset now
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #4
ischeriad
Connoisseur
ischeriad began at the beginning.

Device: PB Pro 903, Kobo Touch [Past: Story, Clié N770C, SL-10, Palm IIIxe, V]
I had a similar problem today. I just finished reading a book and had put the kobo away. At some moment, I registered a movement from the corner of my eye: The kobo had switched from the standby screen (cover of the next book in the carousel) to the carousel, only the carousel was half empty and many of the loaded books were nowhere to be seen.

Calibre has an error communicating with the device.

I was on 1.9.17 and I am now reading up on what the last firmware is all about. Then I may take the risk of upgrading and going through the hassle of setting everything up again (good bye, reading statistics, I hardly looked at you anyway in the last months).
ischeriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Did you perchance keep your reader near a radiation source like microwave or loudspeakers or something ? Those things are unfortunately fragile.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #6
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
Did you perchance keep your reader near a radiation source like microwave or loudspeakers or something ? Those things are unfortunately fragile.

I have NEVER had anything like this effect my ereaders/phones/tablets. Just one of the urban myths I suspect.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
leezer3
Enthusiast
leezer3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I have NEVER had anything like this effect my ereaders/phones/tablets. Just one of the urban myths I suspect.
Completely agree, absolute myth.

It's more likely to be a case of a midly corrupt filesystem caused by not ejecting the ereader from the PC before pulling your USB cable out. Try connecting to your PC, right-clicking on it's drive, going into Properties, Tools & using 'Check for Errors'
leezer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #8
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leezer3 View Post

It's more likely to be a case of a midly corrupt filesystem caused by not ejecting the ereader from the PC before pulling your USB cable out. Try connecting to your PC, right-clicking on it's drive, going into Properties, Tools & using 'Check for Errors'

Doesn't even have to be because of something you've done. DOS/Windows/FAT seems to occasional problems no matter how careful you are. Yes, definitely check the file system periodically.
Old 10-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #9
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
It's Ghosts, I tell you, Ghosts!
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #10
jusmee
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
It's Ghosts, I tell you, Ghosts!
Ghosts of bugs?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #11
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Beetlejuice?
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:36 AM   #12
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Halloween is coming soon...
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:52 AM   #13
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I beg to disagree, electromagnetic waves are no myth, they are a scientific reality. If you don't believe me, put your reader in the microwave oven for a couple minutes, then enjoy reading on it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leezer3 View Post
Old 10-28-2012, 06:54 AM   #14
Quexos
Member Retired

Yeah, and with it the start of the so called jolly season. Well I hope I'll be able to enjoy a good book during these lonely and cold winter nights ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vice-versa View Post
Halloween is coming soon...
Old 10-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #15
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quexos View Post
In deed. I put the spekers for my stereo on either side of the microwave and played Metallica's black album at full volume, put my Kobo in the microwave and turned it on.

Sure enough, with a puff of green smoke the microwave stopped working and the Metallica was replaced with Perry Como.

Now how am I going to rock out while I eat my popcorn???
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote