Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 01:21 AM   #1
radarguy
radarguy began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
What are Kobo Customer Service Tickets?

I have repeatedly tried to contact Kobo about a problem with an original Kobo. They advise me of a ticket number and say that I should provide information requested in the ticket. I can't find this "ticket", so the keep cancelling my request. What and where is my "ticket", incident 111009-408248?
radarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
You can do all that by email--write to help@kobo.com and continue the process by email. There used to be a web interface for open tickets, but perhaps because I don't have any, I can't see it now.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
No they did away with the old system. You now have to do everything by Email. The "Incident" number is your ticket number.

With the new system you can't view your previously submitted tickets any more, so no more viewing what you already submitted.

I personally liked the old system better.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
That's one reason threaded email (and labels/rules) are so good .
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:05 PM   #5
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, if you start your ticket in the new system, but mine was transferred to the new system so I couldn't view the 7-8 last entries.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
yhamm
Zealot
yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h20
If your ticket was transferred to the new system, it might be worth it to email them again to make sure the ticket is still open.

It took a month for my issue to be resolved. The original ticket was opened at the end of September; received a response one week later stating the problem was escalated to Tier 2. Then, after waiting three weeks, I email again only to be sent an automated response about Kobo's new system. So, I emailed them again, and was sent a new incident number. Not sure what happened to the old ticket.
yhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #7
The Terminator
Retired

I received my new Kobo Touch today.