Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-31-2015, 04:58 AM   #31
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
1.0.1.240 is messed up for me, too. I just modify manually before I send to my Kindle.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:51 PM   #32
Governa
Churchwarden
Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad, iPhone
Same problem here, 1.0.0.221 (latest version) on OSX. Stopped using the app and am now sending by email straight from Calibre.
Governa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2015, 10:55 PM   #33
Governa
Churchwarden
Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Governa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels).
Resized accordingly.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:25 AM   #34
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Do not use Amazon's send-to-Kindle app. Do the smart thing and send-to-email directly from calibre.

calibre knows how to send a proper attachment -- however you set it to send books over USB.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:49 AM   #35
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I have transfer the ebooks from Calibre via the usb. I just looked at Calabre don't see the email.... Guess I am lost, again! ugh
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2015, 02:55 AM   #36
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Under Connect/Share, "Setup email based sharing of books", and then you will see options there to email to your configured recipient email addresses.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:45 PM   #37
Governa
Churchwarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Governa View Post
I've finally found something that gets Whispersync working for me. I have no idea why it works after this but it just does.

I keep all my Calibre eBooks in two formats: EPUB and MOBI. All I did was:

1- delete all EPUB files, I was then left with MOBI files only;
2- convert those MOBI files to EPUB;
3- delete all MOBI files, I was then left with EPUB files only;
4- convert those EPUB files to MOBI.
Ok I've been doing quite a bit more testing and can confirm that the method I've quoted above fixes all the Whispersync gremlins I was having. Whenever I get an ebook that refuses to sync pages across devices, going MOBI>EPUB>MOBI fixes it permanently.

Case closed.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:09 PM   #38
fooeynet
fooeynet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Governa View Post
Ok I've been doing quite a bit more testing and can confirm that the method I've quoted above fixes all the Whispersync gremlins I was having. Whenever I get an ebook that refuses to sync pages across devices, going MOBI>EPUB>MOBI fixes it permanently.

Case closed.
OMG this kills me. I spent hours trying to get one of my books to sync between my devices, assigning proper ASINs, editing metadata, emailing to my @kindle address, using the "convert" subject line or not, etc.
No matter what I did, the downloaded book on my KT had the "Sync to Furthest Page" option grayed out. The MOBI -> EPUB -> MOBI conversion worked for me as well.

fooeynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:16 PM   #39
fooeynet
fooeynet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
Had another .mobi that this happened with, where all the metadata looked right but wouldn't whispersync even when send to my kindle address. Did the mobi->epub->mobi conversion and it started working, like the others.

Other thing I noticed was that the mobi that didn't work was 4x as large as the resulting mobi, so I'm assuming it was an uncompressed mobi. Wonder if that had anything to do with it... ?
fooeynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:57 AM   #40
TheWitchDoctor
TheWitchDoctor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello,

I've downloaded the "Send-to-Kindle" program (for Mac), but unfortunately it says I cannot send the documents in other formats than pdf, rtf and doc. So I cannot send my awz3 and mobi files using this program.

I'm confused and disappointed. Anyone has an idea?

Thank you in advance for your input.
TheWitchDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 04:18 PM   #41
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
You should be able to send mobi files. I believe it has never accepted azw3 files. Just a restriction of the program.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 12:01 PM   #42
TheWitchDoctor
TheWitchDoctor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Yes, indeed I can. I've just tried to send a mobi file and it worked well. Thank you.
TheWitchDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:29 PM   #43
RMOP
Connoisseur
RMOP began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, TabPRO 8.4, Galaxy Light, Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Under Connect/Share, "Setup email based sharing of books", and then you will see options there to email to your configured recipient email addresses.
I'm just exploring using Calibre for much more than just converting between formats. If I read what you've said correctly, I can use Calibre to email a .mobi file directly to my Send-to-Kindle email address? And it will be incorporated into my Kindle account and then sync across all of my devices? That sounds too good to be true...
RMOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:53 PM   #44
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

It is true calibre can do that.

And of course it is also useful for emailing to yourself so you have it on your phone (there are better methods) or for emailing books to friends (of course, these are PD books we are talking about ).

Last edited by eschwartz; 03-30-2015 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:18 AM   #45
RMOP
Connoisseur
RMOP began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, TabPRO 8.4, Galaxy Light, Sony PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
It is true calibre can do that.

And of course it is also useful for emailing to yourself so you have it on your phone (there are better methods) or for emailing books to friends (of course, these are PD books we are talking about ).
Thanks for the reply. That's encouraging. I'll look further into it. You can probably answer a related question: does cover art added to .mobi file via Calibre and then sent to Kindle via the Send-to-Kindle route then show up instead of the ugly Kindle-assigned generic "personal" cover "art?"
RMOP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle paperwhite, mobi, whispersync