Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 03:59 PM   #1966
ahammer
cybershark
ahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it is

Device: none
maybe some

ahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 01:48 PM   #1967
psockpuppet
Lefty, Hugo, and me!
psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.psockpuppet is faster than slow light.

Device: Guttenberg Bible
Does this mean I'm no longer loved?
psockpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:14 PM   #1968
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by psockpuppet View Post
Does this mean I'm no longer loved?
you know i'll always love you, psockie pbaby.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #1969
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Sometimes I wish avatars in use when a post was authored would stay there, even when the author changes to a new avatar later. I'm always coming in too late to get these avatar jokes.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #1970
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Not to go too far off topic but...

"New from CMMG! Its Tactical Bacon in a can. Fully cooked and fully prepared. 10+ year shelf life. Perfect for camping, hunting, zombie standoffs, end of the world scenarios etc. Don't be caught without Tac Bac! Now with more better grammar!"

Open can, receive bacon. Ummmm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bacon_Back.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	397.8 KB
ID:	35430  

Last edited by NormHart; 09-04-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Not affiliated with CMMG or Tac Bac
NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #1971
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
10+ year shelf life??? What for?
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #1972
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Quote:
CMMG is bringing home the bacon, the Tactical Bacon™. Introducing our new Tac Bac™ canned bacon. Fully cooked smoke flavored bacon. Approx 54 slices per can. Just open and either eat cold or warm it up in the micro or stove top and put it on just about anything. **Everything tastes better with bacon**

How many times have you been driving down the road and just need a fix? Just a little bit of bacon to get you through? Now you can keep a can in you car, a can at work, a can in you SHTF bag. **I'm not addicted, I eat it so I won't crave it**

Great for parties and holidays! Give as presents or just as a thoughtful "thinking of you" gift. **it is the lard that binds us**

For years, the arfcom crowd has been calling for a steady supply of bacon and we have heard your cries. **Bacon, its not just for breakfast.

..[static]...base..[static]...I've still got 3 cans of CMMG Tactical Bacon™...[static]...can hold off these..[static]...zombies....2 more days..[gunfire]

Be part of the phenomenon

All the cool kids have CMMG brand bacon

we will be offering in the near future:

Tac Bac Snak Atak Pak- Bandoleer that holds 6 cans
I saw this "**I'm not addicted, I eat it so I won't crave it**" and thought of you, VR.

Photo testimony by actual Tac Bac customer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6108.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	35434  

Last edited by NormHart; 09-04-2009 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Not affiliated with CMMG or Tac Bac
Old 09-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #1973
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
I saw this "**I'm not addicted, I eat it so I won't crave it**" and thought of you, VR.

Photo testimony by actual Tac Bac customer
wow, that stuff looks revolting !

on a related (sort of) note, i notice the ingredients list "smoke flavour". just how is that packaged ? can you buy bottles of "smoke flavour" ? when you open the bottle, does it wisp into the air ? is it available in a grocery store ? i've never seen it here, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist (clearly).
Old 09-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #1974
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
wow, that stuff looks revolting !

on a related (sort of) note, i notice the ingredients list "smoke flavour". just how is that packaged ? can you buy bottles of "smoke flavour" ? when you open the bottle, does it wisp into the air ? is it available in a grocery store ? i've never seen it here, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist (clearly).
Actually, yes. It's called Liquid Smoke and it adds a hickory smoked flavor to food. You should try it chocolate chip cookies sometime...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #1975
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...1f14focus.html

Goes well on eels dear.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #1976
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Actually, yes. It's called Liquid Smoke and it adds a hickory smoked flavor to food. You should try it chocolate chip cookies sometime...
amazing !!!! what will they think of next ??? modern technology never ceases to astound me. i must get some, if only for the novelty value !!! i would love to have a bottle of smoke in kitchen, it will remind me of the brilliant pogues song every time i see it. can i buy some online ??? or, can i send you some money, and you'll buy it and ship it to me ????
Old 09-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #1977
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
as long as it's not mischievous it can go on my eels. (oooh, shades of Fahrenheit 451 for the digital age !!! )
Old 12-06-2009, 09:39 AM   #1978
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Well, it's been quite a while since new avatars have been brought up, so i thought I'd offer this:

Since there seems to be a lot about eels lately...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:55 AM   #1979
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
amazing !!!! what will they think of next ??? modern technology never ceases to astound me. i must get some, if only for the novelty value !!! i would love to have a bottle of smoke in kitchen, it will remind me of the brilliant pogues song every time i see it. can i buy some online ??? or, can i send you some money, and you'll buy it and ship it to me ????
I've found it in every major grocery store I've looked, in at least two different brands. I thought it was a gimmick, but I've heard food experts tell me (on the radio, anyway) that the stuff is in general use - any time you buy a "smoke" flavored product like potato chips the "liquid smoke" has been added. Also, it appears to be a completely natural product - it's made by concentrating a natural flavor, rather than creating something by chemistry.

Here's another tip. Google "Ultimate Cheater Pulled Pork" and look for a link at The Splendid Table (associated with a radio show of the same name). You can use the liquid smoke and a slow cooker (generally known as a crock-pot around here) to make a slow-cooked pork that tastes pretty good. Nowhere near as good as a good Barbecue restaurant, but it scratches an itch when you can't get to one, or don't want to spend the money.
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #1980
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Well, it's been quite a while since new avatars have been brought up, so i thought I'd offer this:

Since there seems to be a lot about eels lately...
Really? I hadn't noticed. But okay, here are some for Zee to wear.

vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda