Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-18-2014, 01:42 AM   #1
brashley46
brashley46 doesn't litterbrashley46 doesn't litter

Device: Samsun Galaxy Tab E
Unhappy Upgrade to 1.33 failing

I'm running an Xubuntu box, just upgraded to 14.04; then brought up Calibre and hit update (since it is Friday) ... when I run the installer script in my terminal I get
Code:
brashley46@rossdesktop2:~$ sudo -v && wget -nv -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py | sudo python -c "import sys; main=lambda x:sys.stderr.write('Download failed\n'); exec(sys.stdin.read()); main('/opt')"
[sudo] password for brashley46: 
2014-04-18 01:38:58 URL:https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/master/setup/linux-installer.py [25498/25498] -> "-" [1]
Installing to /opt/calibre
Downloading tarball signature securely...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "<string>", line 646, in main
  File "<string>", line 618, in download_and_extract
  File "<string>", line 610, in get_tarball_info
  File "<string>", line 590, in get_https_resource_securely
__main__.HTTPError: https://status.calibre-ebook.com/tarball-info/i686 returned an unsupported http response code: 404 (Not Found)
Is this your end or mine?
brashley46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:04 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just wait a few minutes until the update hits the servers.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:20 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
check the sticky in the related tools subforum for an automated updater.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:06 PM   #4
brashley46
brashley46 doesn't litterbrashley46 doesn't litter

Device: Samsun Galaxy Tab E
Thanks, Kovid; I was too quick this time. And eschwartz, I shall look at that, thanks!
brashley46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:21 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brashley46 View Post
Thanks, Kovid; I was too quick this time. And eschwartz, I shall look at that, thanks!
It's very handy because you can schedule it for whenever, like early morning while you are asleep. It's almost like having it in the repos!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote