Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #2401
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
What do these two people have in common?

Click image for larger version

Name:	article-2137954-12DD8226000005DC-926_306x416.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	90897 Click image for larger version

Name:	The-Invisible-Bicycle-Helmet-2.jpeg
Views:	196
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	90898

They're both wearing bicycle helmets.

WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #2402
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM3RRb61zJA

"Star Wars that I used to know" is a song / music video parody of "Somebody that I used to know" by Gotye.

Warning: If you're like me, you will never be able to hear this song on the radio again without the video images in your head.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:02 AM   #2403
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Bruces' Philosophy Song

BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #2404
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One Man Les Misérables

Old 09-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #2405
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro

Last edited by wodin; 09-08-2012 at 10:05 PM.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #2406
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kids. They're so darned cute when they're five years old!

Old 09-11-2012, 01:35 AM   #2407
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Wow! At 5, I couldn't even play the Triangle. Come to think of it... I guess I still can't. I'll bet this kid could. Fantastic!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #2408
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

At three, I taught myself to play "She'll Be Comin' 'Round the Mountain When She Comes" by ear on the piano (at least, that's what my mom told me), but that kid is unbelievable. What a talent.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:58 PM   #2409
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In 1964, the World's Fair was held in NY and I had a part-time job as a snack bar worker. That year they introduced "Touch Tone" pushbutton telephones at the fair, and I worked out how to play Old McDonald (FA7-0307) but the New York Philharmonic still didn't ask me to join them.

Stitchawl
Old 09-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #2410
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Bloody Hell!!! When I was ten we moved into a rented house in Glasgow, Scotland, and there was a grand piano included in the furnishings. I taught myself to play "God Save the Queen" and "Do-Re-Mi", but that was as far as I ever got.

Who says genius isn't born, it's all nurture? This kid clearly has something very special.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #2411
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Just think how many are born, but aren't in the right place or the right time... the violin prodigy who's born to an African pigmy bushman family, or the possible astrophysicist born to the wife of a gaucho in Argentina in a village that doesn't even have electricity, a could-be surgeon who's skills and knowledge will permit brain transplants but lives in the upper Amazon basin in a village that only started using metal cooking pots three years ago... I'm sure there are many out there, born every day, who will never develop their potential simply because of being born in the wrong place...

Stitchawl
Old 09-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #2412
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I did a quick check and couldn't find this one. One of my favorites, and a natural for this forum. (But some remarks are insensitive.)

cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #2413
BenG
Home Guard

The new trailer for The Cloud Atlas

Old 09-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #2414
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
http://click1.thefunnystuff.net/dgrb...AILINGID=11751

Last edited by benham; 09-18-2012 at 12:34 PM.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:16 AM   #2415
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Proof That Cats Are Better Than Dogs

PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cats, kindle, tax, vincent price