Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-10-2016, 03:41 AM   #1
midnightmane
midnightmane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Calibre
I need help

OK so here's what I'm trying to do. OK so I am trying too trying to search for multiple titles in my E book collection but I am not getting any results here is how I'm doing it title, title, title.

Last edited by midnightmane; 02-10-2016 at 03:43 AM.
midnightmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 04:05 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The way you have been typing it needs to match everything you type which I am sure is not what you want.
it should be something more like:
Code:
"title1" or "title2"

title:"title1" or title:"title2"
The keywords and/or are treated as logical operators (if you want them to match a string they need to be inside quotes). The first variant looks anywhere in the searchable fields. The second one limits it to the title field. The default is that matches are the "contains" type although it is possible to do exact matches. More details on the search syntax are in the Calibre User Guide.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote