Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
TheDeciderBoy
TheDeciderBoy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
I just ordered the Kindle 3! Nook Convert.

Well I just did it, this once Nookie Enthusiast, ordered the Kindle 3 on Amazon.Com!

Originally I bought the nook because:

1) Android system. The possibilities of future Aps.
2) Color LCD at bottom.
3) Not having locked in book format-epub.

But after using it for some time (I ordered it right when it was released) I discovered the primary focus, in fact the only purpose, of my Nook was the read books thus the Android system's shinery glimmer wasn't so shiny after all. The LCD at the bottom was nice and I did enjoy seeing the book covers in full color. However...I noticed time and time again the titles I read were available on Amazon for cheaper and often not available at all on the Nook. Thus even with amazon having a more locked in format for selection Amazon won with me. I know there are other sites for Nook but seriously.....using the usb to computer to get books on Nook doesn't make me smile.

Kindle I have arrived!
TheDeciderBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
chainring
Addict
chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chainring ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650 (black), Kindle 3G
I did the same thing, but have a PRS-600. Great unit overall, but the screen is less than desirable and the Sony store just doesn't have the selection. I know I can strip DRM from eBooks purchased from Amazon, and have done so, but I tire of the conversion errors on some books. I just wanna read...
chainring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
aleccj1
Techie
aleccj1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 (3G + WiFi), Kobo
Lol nookie? Should have thought that out before you posted!
aleccj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 03:59 AM   #4
Madmanden
Enthusiast
Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
I'm quite a nookie enthusiast myself.

Oh yeah, the Kindle is nice. You'll like it.
Madmanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:22 AM   #5
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
I had a very s-l-o-w iLiad, that crashed a lot and is now dead. The Kindle is a 300 % improvement over it. Although it has issues of its own, I'm more than happy with it.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2010, 04:52 AM   #6
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Honestly, I'm now about the other way. Not being able to read my K3 outside in sunlight sort of defeats the purpose of owning it to a large degree. I either read outside when it's nice out, or while I am in bed. I can still do the latter, but I really like reading outside.

Since Amazon CS doesn't seem to want to help, the only course of action seems to be to return my K3 for a refund and wait for a Nook 2 announcement.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote