Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #1
nickinev
Enthusiast
nickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the roughnickinev is a jewel in the rough

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 1, K4, and Kindle Fire
Sold my nook and ordered a Kindle 3!

Just had to share! Now i just have to wait..... I got the wifi only because I rarely used the 3G when I had my nook.

I enjoyed my nook, but there were a few things that bugged me about it. The shiny white bezel and the fact that I couldn't sync it with my iPhone or iPad are just a couple of things. I really just want a dedicated e-reader since i do have my iPad and iPhone for evereything else.

I can't wait to get my kindle!!

Nicole
P.S. I'll have change my pic when it comes.
nickinev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:53 PM   #2
namebrandon
Connoisseur
namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.namebrandon holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: Kindle WiFi
I just ordered mine today as well. I figure it will be a while before it ships since we're getting in so late, so if I change my mind (again) it's easy to cancel. Best to at least get in line!
namebrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 01:58 AM   #3
Andrew Kaufman
Author/Suspense Thrillers
Andrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura aboutAndrew Kaufman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle
Nicole, You're gonna love your Kindle! I've had the K2 for several years and wouldn't think about getting another e-reader. There's just so much about it to like. Let us know when you get it and what how it goes for you!

Andrew E. Kaufman
Andrew Kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:04 AM   #4
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Time to change your avatar!
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:46 AM   #5
SamuraiXSendai
Addict
SamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheeseSamuraiXSendai can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1. Kindle 2. IPAD. KDXG. Kindle 3.Fire
You did not! You'll love it!
SamuraiXSendai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 09:58 AM   #6
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
I just saw a Nook in the flesh the other day. One thing that I really liked was the rubberized back. The Nook is superior for naked reading. (the device, not you)

I think Amazon left the slick back of the Kindle so they could also sell cases to every Kindle owner.

Everything else, I like better on the Kindle. (I have a K2) Smaller, lighter, more logical interface, syncs with Amazon, etc.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote