Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-22-2010, 01:01 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Asus DR-950 photos on Flickr

I just came the Flickr phtostream posted by someone going by the name of AsusUK. Based on the other photos in the stream, I think these are real. I recognize a couple of Asus laptops that haven't been released yet.

You can see the phots starting here. I'm attaching the originals in full size just in case Flickr gets overloaded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4294930683_be4041c51c_o.jpg
Views:	1075
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	44044   Click image for larger version

Name:	4294930927_48610e96e2_o.jpg
Views:	1149
Size:	379.5 KB
ID:	44045   Click image for larger version

Name:	4295675938_80268ebb8a_o.jpg
Views:	971
Size:	309.9 KB
ID:	44046   Click image for larger version

Name:	4295676118_db6506c7dc_o.jpg
Views:	1013
Size:	282.6 KB
ID:	44047   Click image for larger version

Name:	4295676236_f308aac7da_o.jpg
Views:	1107
Size:	322.9 KB
ID:	44048   Click image for larger version

Name:	4295676446_1871cb4062_o.jpg
Views:	1006
Size:	380.9 KB
ID:	44049  
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #2
OrcaBlue
Groupie
OrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
I also posted the link here.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ghlight=DR-950
OrcaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
engadget is running the pics as "in the wild at asus uk"
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I would buy this. Details seemed a bit sketchy CES week though.

Let's hope Asus can be the price leader again and sell this at or below $300. Heck, they sell whole computers for less than that.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
That does look like it might be a great device for reading PDF's. I have been waiting for a dedicated reader that is large enough to read PDF's at their full size without zoom or reflow needed. If the DR-950 has an SDHC card reader, mini USB, and folder view, I am interested for sure!
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 04:11 PM   #6
osama_jamal
"eBook Addict!"
osama_jamal began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I am in love!
osama_jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I would love to see more than the home screen. There is only one photo that maybe shows something else.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:18 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's some specs I found on Engadget about this one:

Quote:
Just 0.35-inch (9mm) thick and weighing in at 370g, the new ASUS DR-950 ebook reader won’t charm you with its colors, but a 9 inch screen that boasts an amazing 1024×768 resolution. Other specs include either 2 or 4GB of storage, an SD card slot for expansion, HSDPA and WiFi connectivity, a 3.5mm headphone jack and USB to connect it to your computer. On top of that we’re hearing that it might feature WiMax support.

The new ASUS DR-950 supports PDF, TXT, Audible, MP3, ePub, HTML, JPEG, GIF, PNG and BMP file formats, along with text to speech and RSS.
No word when the DR-950 will be release or how much you’ll have to pay to own one, but at least we have pictures with the device at work.

...sounds promising.

However, the lack of a method to annotate... it is supposed to be a touch/stylus or on screen keyboard???

BOb

Old 01-22-2010, 05:20 PM   #9
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I just came the Flickr phtostream posted by someone going by the name of AsusUK. Based on the other photos in the stream, I think these are real. I recognize a couple of Asus laptops that haven't been released yet.

You can see the phots starting here. I'm attaching the originals in full size just in case Flickr gets overloaded.
I wish they'd had the balls to mention the price. And the availability date.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I wish they'd had the balls to mention the price. And the availability date.

Derek
I'm sure they will when they know the info is solid. We've seen other ebook reps mention this type of info and be way off.

They know enough to under-promise and over-deliver.

BOb
Old 01-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #11
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Lower right hand corner: Donate book.
Hmm, might that be a way to gift books?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:04 PM   #12
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Confucius say please note kerning problem in platitudes at bottom of screen.

ie. andlet, andwhat, plus tofulfill.

Yes, it need work, but we can hope. I really would like a large format reader.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #13
Sullivan
Connoisseur
Sullivan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wow! Looks great!

Yes price and availability would be handy indeed!
Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #14
Teddman
Addict
Teddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enoughTeddman will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
What kind of screen is that? Does it have better contrast and refresh time than e-ink?
Teddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 09:07 PM   #15
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
It is SiPix EPD which has less DPI than E-ink but may produce a blacker black while having a slightly grayer white.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote