Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-13-2009, 07:56 PM   #1
ddoyle777
ddoyle777 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
Kindle DX - A Subjective Review

I wanted to share my subjective review of the DX as I'm awestuck with this device. I have owned both the initial Kindle and the Kindle2 which have moved downstream to family members. I have also used the Sony Reader. I've been reading ebooks since I discovered the eReader on my Palm 505, and I have 100s of books.

So, with that context, I have to say that this thing is huge! I don't mean that it's heavy or too big or any of those negative things. I feel the same way I did when I hooked my 15" MacBook Pro to a 24" monitor. I felt like I had such an expansive workspace that I was delirious. I feel the same about the DX - the screen is huge, and gorgeous! It's large enough that it feels like I can put a goodly amount of text in front of me.

I know, it's totally subjective, but I feel like I got much more for my money than I did with the Kindle2.

I'm really happy with the DX

Dave
ddoyle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
(Homer Simpson drool) mMmMMMmmMMMMMMMMMM...... Kindle DX!!!

Aaggmaghhhauuammaaugghhaghhagharrghhhhhaghggammaag ghhhhhhhhh!!!!!
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert