Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #1141
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagal View Post
No news of JBpatch update for 5.3.3 PW users yet?

Sure Ixtab is working hard for us, i think.

See soon.
ixtab is also occasionally confronted with something called "real life" and its duties, and can't spend 24/7 on mobileread.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #1142
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Lies!!!! He is a machine.

omnipotent... he see's everything..

*insert the opening credits from person of interest here*

hehehe

who knew that little guy with the glasses was the inventor of the kindle!!!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2013, 07:55 PM   #1143
Hendrixxxxxxxx
Connoisseur
Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.Hendrixxxxxxxx knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: Kindle DX, Paperwhite, Paperwhite II, and Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post

Paperwhite 5.3.3 users:
Please don't spam this thread asking when there will be a version for Firmware 5.3.3. I'm not a patch-porting machine, and it will be released when it's ready. If Amazon weren't re-obfuscating their classes with every new firmware release, almost all of the patches would simply work on all firmware versions, and the time and energy could actually go into the development of new useful patches. But Amazon are really doing a great job in transforming patch development from an interesting and challenging hobby into a boring and tedious maintenance nightmare. WTF is wrong with you, lab126?!
I love Amazon, having been a customer from the beginning (and especially after they removed "Special Offers" from my paperwhite AT NO CHARGE (even though I told them I was happy to pay) because I was unable to do it myself online as I don't have a US billing address), but I can't help thinking they're missing a trick here in their quest to be "Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company".

I have had an iPhone since the very first version, and I remember all the hassles we had to go through to jailbreak it (not me - people much much smarter than me who worked out how to do it) to get what I thought was some pretty basic functionality into it.....I recall I had a list of 5-6 things that I needed it to do, which it didn't. However, over time, all of these things were gradually incorporated into the OS, and now I am running iOS bog standard, unjailbroken, and it does all the things I need it to do.

I don't know, but I strongly suspect that Apple kept an eye on boards like this and made a note of why people were jailbreaking and what functionality they were installing.....and eventually they incorporated this functionality into the OS.

Of course, they also fought a running battle with the jailbreakers, plugging jailbreak holes with each new update, which is fair enough....but the point is, they seemed to be taking note of the functionality that MOST people were looking for and incorporating it into their own OS, thus removing the need for jailbreaking for MOST of their client base.

Of course, also, there will always be people who need or wish to jailbreak devices, either simply because they can, or because they need it to do something totally obscure, (to most of us) but that they see as necessary functionality.

So, I am surprised that Amazon hasn't incorporated things like ixtab's hyphenation hack, or NiLuJe's screensaver hack or some of the other popular ones (and you can easily see what they are simply by reading through this thread) into the OS. They've all been out there long enough for Amazon to have noted how popular they are and to have been able to incorporate them, if they'd been paying attention.

Anyone from Amazon reading this?

Just my (slightly off-topic, and for that, I apologize) opinion.

Hendrix
Hendrixxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:55 AM   #1144
Maikax
Maikax began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch; iPad 1y.... ¡Kindle Paperwhite!
: Shock:: Shock:: Shock: ¿Ixtab not God?
Maikax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:01 AM   #1145
tom717
tom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watch

Device: paperwhite
ixtab,

Thank you so much for correcting the margins on my kindle paperwhite! The device is much better now!

Tom

p.s. I donated a few bucks to your Laos charity.
tom717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #1146
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maikax View Post
: Shock:: Shock:: Shock: ¿Ixtab not God?
Ixtab =
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #1147
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Ixtab =
you mis-spelled

:satan:
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #1148
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
you mis-spelled

:satan:
He only looks like that immediately after Amazon releases a new obfuscation scheme.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:38 PM   #1149
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Short update: support for Paperwhite FW 5.3.3 (with the 4 supported patches) is actually implemented and working , but I'm still trying to enhance the hyphenation patch (for all firmwares). Should be available within a week, at most.

Spoiler:

Last edited by ixtab; 01-28-2013 at 10:21 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:04 PM   #1150
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Short update: support for Paperwhite FW 5.3.3 (with the 4 supported patches) is actually implemented and working , but I'm still trying to enhance the hyphenation patch (for all firmwares). Should be available within a week, at most.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:50 AM   #1151
levante
Connoisseur
levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: kindle NT, PW1, PW2, Kobo H2O
I have registered only to thank you for your work, ixtab.
I have made a little donation of 10$ for the Laos Literacy Project.

Thanks again.

Excuse my bad english.
levante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:45 PM   #1152
trilla
trilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmostrilla has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook Simple Touch GL, Nook Tablet
ixtab, thank you for your work.
Today my PW updates itself to 5.3.3 and jbpatch stop working =(
Is there some technique for disabling future OTA updates?
trilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #1153
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilla View Post
This is something I've definitely become paranoid about since the latest FW was released...

Obviously, keeping wifi permanently switched off is a solution, but having an auto-update disabler of some kind would mean a lot less paranoia for users like me who love JBpatch.
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #1154
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Enable 'airplane mode' -
Download from Amazon the 5.3.1 update package to your PC -
Put a copy of that at the root of USB storage - right next to 'documents' - (NOT IN, NEXT TO) -
Eject, unplug USB, home -> menu -> settings -> menu -> update Kindle.

Now report your results at that point.

Keep 'airplane mode' enabled until the JBpatch for 5.3.3 is released.

Q? Do you have the new Launcher installed?
If so, there may be an update enable/disable 'helper' available in the future.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:47 AM   #1155
tom717
tom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watchtom717 is clearly one to watch

Device: paperwhite
Angry me too

Quote:
Me too!

The swines!

I feel so violated.

Wifi off from now on!!!
tom717 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks