Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
How about battery life?

Hello

I wanted to know if you are happy with battery life, if you could compare it with the Kindle 3 much better.

greetings
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
jbuk
jbuk doesn't litterjbuk doesn't litter

Device: none
You can definitely use the battery up very quickly with wifi and listening to music while multitasking. The first charge only lasted 3 days or so when I was playing around with those a great deal. Just reading doesn't seem to change the battery whatsoever. I can't compare with other readers.
jbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 03:01 PM   #3
bjmoslener
bjmoslener began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Smile PRS-T1 batter life?

I"m burning through the charge in about a week, both Kindle 3 and PRS-T1. They did say a charge should last about a month, but that was based on reading about half an hour a day. Since I read 2-3 hours a day on both, I'm prettty pleased with the battery life.
bjmoslener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
I've had mine for 2 weeks and am still on the initial charge. I read approx. 2 hours daily but don't use wifi or listen to music.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:21 PM   #5
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I believe the battery life is typical for any reader with a touchscreen - much shorter than my old PRS-505, but still pretty decent, dependent on what your own usage pattern is.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
I've only charged the T1 once since the initial charge. And I'm not really sure I needed to charge it. I just wanted to see what a full battery looks like. I use the wifi sparingly. I try to remember to turn it off, but it sits in standby mode. I haven't listened to music on it yet, I don't think. But I seldom do. I read about two or three hours a night (with me nodding off and the book looking at me.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #7
Extragooey
Extragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Winters View Post
I've had mine for 2 weeks and am still on the initial charge. I read approx. 2 hours daily but don't use wifi or listen to music.
I get about the same and my usage pattern is the same as yours.

Compared to the 650, it is a big improvement in my opinion. For some reason, my 650 would burn through the battery in 3-4 days on standby with 2 hours of daily use at most.
Extragooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #8
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extragooey View Post
........... For some reason, my 650 would burn through the battery in 3-4 days on standby with 2 hours of daily use at most.
Wall charger or PC ?

If charger, duff charger or battery.
If PC, overnite, poss draining battery on charge mode.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #9
MaxLV
Connoisseur
MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Sony PRS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extragooey View Post
I get about the same and my usage pattern is the same as yours.

Compared to the 650, it is a big improvement in my opinion. For some reason, my 650 would burn through the battery in 3-4 days on standby with 2 hours of daily use at most.
There's a problem with your 650's battery and/or charging circuit. It's faulty IOW.

I charge my 650 on average once a month and that is when it still has 25-50% (1-2 bars) of battery capacity remaining.

The longest it has gone between charges is just under 2 months (55+ days) before it was down to 25%. (1 bar) This is powering off the reader between sessions, NOT putting it in standby.

When putting it in standby I typically get anything from 14 - 24 days between charges, again when battery capacity is between 25-50% (1-2 bars) remaining, the *typical* charging cycle for a 650 according to Sony.

Read my previous posts for the details of my 'experiements' when the charging cycle of my 650.
MaxLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:35 PM   #10
greatyay
greatyay began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
My reader burned through the initial battery in a couple HOURS due to the intensive web surfing.
The web surfing experience in this reader is unexpectedly good.
greatyay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 12:12 AM   #11
Extragooey
Extragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-booksExtragooey has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I've charged the 650 with either pc or USB ac adapter. Before getting the T1, my solution to my battery issue on the 650 was a full shut down every time I'm not using it. That "fixed" it, as the battery lasted at least a month. Therefore my conclusion was a way above normal battery drain in standby mode and not a lack of charge or battery capacity.

Last edited by Extragooey; 10-27-2011 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Spelling
Extragooey is offline   Reply With Quote