Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Screen Filter

This is an app which works like one of those old screen filters that old screens had to carry: it dims the backlight of your device beyond the normal settings. This reduces eye strain while reading at night as it lowers the contrast between the screen and your surroundings. Particularly for the Super AMOLED screen of the Galaxy S and Nexus S, it is a must-buy for night reading.

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/screen...roid-app-free/
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
This is an app which works like one of those old screen filters that old screens had to carry: it dims the backlight of your device beyond the normal settings. This reduces eye strain while reading at night as it lowers the contrast between the screen and your surroundings. Particularly for the Super AMOLED screen of the Galaxy S and Nexus S, it is a must-buy for night reading.

http://www.theandroidsoul.com/screen...roid-app-free/
The apps I use have reverse and multiple settings for this sort of thing - Kindle, Aldiko, FB reader....am I missing the point?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
I've been using it for a couple of days now, and I really like it. The advantage is when you want to look at something on the internet or use some other app that doesn't allow you to adjust the colors like our reading apps do. It universally adjusts the entire phone's brightness to below the manufacturer's level. Highly recommended.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I see, so it's more "global" than just a ebook reader.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #5
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
Yes. It affects your screen brightness in all apps when you have it turned on. It's indispensable for nighttime usage, but I use it in low-light situations as well. I was using it just a few minutes ago when reading MR on my phone (I'm on my PC now). It makes my sometimes-too-bright Galaxy S screen more comfortable on my eyes. Apparently, it saves on the battery too.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 05:35 AM   #6
citac
Fanatic
citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.citac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab 2 (Android)
Can the apk be found somewhere?
citac is offline   Reply With Quote