Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Kobo Mini in a nutshell

Starring our very own Sameerh

PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Now if only they had a Mini with Glo-light and micro SD card slot...

Well one can dream can't they?
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:19 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
A "Mini Glo" or a "Glo Mini"? I think we'll see the Mini with the light, but not the micro SD slot.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:56 AM   #4
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Thank you for the video.
I would love to have one with a light. A card slot, not so much but YMMV
An upcoming new Mini could explain why the current ones are discounted in many countries (fingers crossed).
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
yann.m
yann.m will become famous soon enoughyann.m will become famous soon enoughyann.m will become famous soon enoughyann.m will become famous soon enoughyann.m will become famous soon enoughyann.m will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Mini; Kindle PW Duokan
I wonder if anyone buys back covers for the Mini. I find it a completely useless "feature". The Kobo Mini could have been slightly thinner if they had done without this.

I like my Mini for the size. I use it without a cover (I cut a bit of black cardboard to the size of the screen for protection). It is a lot smaller than my Nook with its cover. Now I use the Kobo all the time even though the screen is not as good as the Nook's and the software is rather underwhelming. It is just more practical.
yann.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Now if only they had a Mini with Glo-light and micro SD card slot...

Well one can dream can't they?
+1 to that :-)

agree with the back cover, especially if you do buy a whole cover (which makes it impossible to fit in a pocket, but perfect for any coat or purse).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote