Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-24-2008, 10:17 AM   #1
Cyberclown
Cyberclown began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Hello from Paris!

Hi everybody!

After lurking around in the forum, finding tips and answers to my many interrogations, I've decided to register for good.

So, first of all, a big thank you to all those whose posts have helped me solve my problems

Now, for a more formal introduction. I'm a 24-year-old girl from Paris. I've worked as a project manager in the translation industry for the last two years, and I have worked as a translator before that.

I recently bought a Sony PRS 505 and enjoys it every minute I use it. The only black mark, same for all my fellow non US residents, is the inability to purchase ebooks directly from the Sony Store

I've held a few demos of the device at work, and some of my colleagues seemed convinced. Let's hope we can start a small community there :-)

Merry Christmas to you all! I look forward to talking with you on other threads.

Cyberclown
Cyberclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
Welcome!
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Cyberclown and welcome to the Forum. Lots of friendly Parisians here
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Bonjour et bienvenue !

since you've been lurking for a while perhaps you know this already but just in case i'll mention it...

i wouldn't worry about the sony store. with calibre and possibly a few drm-removal tools (google "convert lit" for example) you can get books at any ebookstore and convert them if necessary to lrf / epub. and more and more publishers are making their books available in epub format, which is good news for sony owners.

take a look in our own ebooks library for a lot of free ebooks already in the proper format (ebooks link in the blue menu bar).

and of course don't hesitate to stop by the french forum for some good sources of ebooks in french, and friendly conversation.

also, since i see you are in paris, may i invite you to our next mobileread apéro, the 31 january !

à bientôt !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:06 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello there!

Glad to hear you like your PRS-505. I'm a project manager too (but in a completely different field).
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberclown View Post
After lurking around in the forum, finding tips and answers to my many interrogations, I've decided to register for good.
Welcome to you. Nice to have you here.

I think you are the first person from Paris here... maybe the first person from France.. I can't think of any others.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Welcome to you. Nice to have you here.

I think you are the first person from Paris here... maybe the first person from France.. I can't think of any others.

BOb
no, you're right, i don't think there is anyone from france (any city at all) here. nobody. not a single one. nope.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
no, you're right, i don't think there is anyone from france (any city at all) here. nobody. not a single one. nope.
Oh.. Hi Zelda. Hows the weather in Tasmania today?

BOb
Old 12-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #9
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Oh.. Hi Zelda. Hows the weather in Tasmania today?

BOb
really warm.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:17 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
really warm.
Really. Good to hear. It's 84degF here today.

BOb

PS: Happy Christmas