Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #211
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMB View Post
I suppose I'm lucky to be still around, given my adolescent habit of crossing roads with my eyes on a book.
I had that habit, and still have to make a conscious effort to tell myself to take my eyes off of the book when crossing the road, or walking around in places where I'm liable to bump into something and trip.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #212
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I used to read while riding my bike. I crashed once, and the cut got infected and I had to be hopitalized. You can bet I never admitted to the reading part - I would have been killed!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #213
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
Love of reading came from my mother. I can remember her reading constantly as I was growing up. She belonged to at least one, possible two, book clubs and it was apparent that she loved reading. I was taught to read when I was the age four by my grandfather. He lived on a farm without electricity, so spent a great deal of time reading in the evenings after coming in from the fields. He would sit me on his lap and read the same comic book (yes, comic book) day after day until I knew it by heart. He then sprinkled in the occasional incorrect word and would pretend surprise when I corrected him. He never actually taught me to recognize the printed words, but I eventually found that I was able to read that comic book as well as other books and magazines on my own.
GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #214
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneS View Post
Love of reading came from my mother. I can remember her reading constantly as I was growing up. She belonged to at least one, possible two, book clubs and it was apparent that she loved reading. I was taught to read when I was the age four by my grandfather. He lived on a farm without electricity, so spent a great deal of time reading in the evenings after coming in from the fields. He would sit me on his lap and read the same comic book (yes, comic book) day after day until I knew it by heart. He then sprinkled in the occasional incorrect word and would pretend surprise when I corrected him. He never actually taught me to recognize the printed words, but I eventually found that I was able to read that comic book as well as other books and magazines on my own.
What a great grandfather!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #215
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
What a great grandfather!
I tend to agree. It's parents/grandparents who take the time to care so much that give some of the greatest of life's treasures.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert