Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-04-2012, 11:31 PM   #1
atels
atels began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS t-1
No annotation, handwriting and highliting when zoomed!

I'm very disappointed with my recently bought PRS-T1. It is not possible to have a real reading experience with the tools of the device. It is not possible to use the nice features that the device has when the text is in zoom. The most e-books are impossiblie to read without the zoom, so we have to zoom out and highlight, or handwrite a text that we can't read clearly.

Is there any app in which these problems doesn't appear?
atels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:03 AM   #2
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by atels View Post
The most e-books are impossiblie to read without the zoom, so we have to zoom out and highlight, or handwrite a text that we can't read clearly.
Weird. What format of ebooks are you reading?
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2012, 01:33 AM   #3
atels

I'm using pdfs
Old 05-05-2012, 02:58 AM   #4
geronimo
Banned
geronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trollsgeronimo doesn't feed trolls

Device: several
Quote:
Originally Posted by atels View Post
I'm using pdfs
PDFs on a small screen is an awkward experience generally ...
geronimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Weird. What format of ebooks are you reading?
It does this in any format - if you make a note at one font size, it's not visible at another.
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #6
atels

I've recently bought my PRS T1... so, the people who has the rooted one has these problems with rooted readers ? I'm thinking about the possibility to root my device...
Old 05-07-2012, 04:25 AM   #7
SonyReaderT1
SonyReaderT1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
It's not a problem, it's a feature ...
Therefore you cannot solve it by rooting.
You can root the device and then install RepliGo Reader which allows annotations also in zoom mode. However, RepliGo has other drawbacks, like frequent flashes ...

A 6" device will never be a dedicated PDF reader. If you want a dedicated reader, e.g. the 10" Boox M92 might be a good choice. But it is 3 times as heavy and 3 times as expensive as the PRS-T1 ...
SonyReaderT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
atels

Thanks, I will try it.