Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-30-2013, 01:25 PM   #16
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
Thanks everyone! I went ahead and got one and so far, I love it! I'm using Moon + Pro, and also discovered the joys of Calibre Companion

Now it's time to sell my Nook HD (I really did love that device too, but don't need it now). And as an added bonus, I might actually answer my phone from here on in

Oh, and I love this thing for other purposes too. The stylus allows me to totally 'nerd out' (as my daughter calls it), and brings to mind my old Palm Pilot days.

I'm now able to read the NYT online anytime I want (no longer need to worry about waking my computer up so Calibre could download it for me).

Plus. my company is working on integrating our corporate mail with Android devices, so I might be able to get rid of my company iPhone too.

That means this one device has potentially replaced:

- two cell phones (business and personal)
- e-reader
- camera (for on vacation, etc.)
- pad of paper (for taking random notes -- I never got good at that on the iPhone)
- wi-fi card (if I decide to get the service from Verizon that allows me to use the Note II as a mobile hotspot)

And I got it at Best Buy for $100 less than it would have been direct from Verizon.

Overall, I am very happy and just hope I don't end up dropping it into a body of water or getting something nasty spilled on it since it goes everywhere with me now.

Thanks!
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
savbeowulf
Enthusiast
savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbookworm View Post
Thanks everyone! I went ahead and got one and so far, I love it! I'm using Moon + Pro, and also discovered the joys of Calibre Companion

Now it's time to sell my Nook HD (I really did love that device too, but don't need it now). And as an added bonus, I might actually answer my phone from here on in

Oh, and I love this thing for other purposes too. The stylus allows me to totally 'nerd out' (as my daughter calls it), and brings to mind my old Palm Pilot days.

I'm now able to read the NYT online anytime I want (no longer need to worry about waking my computer up so Calibre could download it for me).

Plus. my company is working on integrating our corporate mail with Android devices, so I might be able to get rid of my company iPhone too.

That means this one device has potentially replaced:

- two cell phones (business and personal)
- e-reader
- camera (for on vacation, etc.)
- pad of paper (for taking random notes -- I never got good at that on the iPhone)
- wi-fi card (if I decide to get the service from Verizon that allows me to use the Note II as a mobile hotspot)

And I got it at Best Buy for $100 less than it would have been direct from Verizon.

Overall, I am very happy and just hope I don't end up dropping it into a body of water or getting something nasty spilled on it since it goes everywhere with me now.

Thanks!
Hi I have had the Note 2 since the UK launch and I insure through protectyourbubble.com not sure if its available where you are but its good value for money with comprehensive insurance. I also have a zagg full body protector on it (I use zagg for all my devices!! If it's good enough for helicopter rotor blades it's good enough for a phone!!) I'm now looking forward to the next note at the end of the year!!
savbeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:09 AM   #18
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I have the orginal note but I rarely use it for reading.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #19
Rob_E
Connoisseur
Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.Rob_E can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: iPod Touch/iPad
I've only had my Note 2 for a couple of months, but one of the reasons for getting it was reading. I don't read that much on it, but when I do, I find it very serviceable. Before the Note, I was reading on my iPad or my iPhone. The iPad is fine when I'm sitting up in a chair with it on my lap, but it's a little big to hold on to for long periods. It's great for comics, because the larger screen really improves the experience, but for text reading, I would switch the iPhone. It was smaller than I would like, but easier to hold on to. Now the Note has solved the size issue, being just about the biggest device I can imagine that's still pocketable. We have a Kindle in the house, too, but it doesn't see a lot of use. Too big for a pocket, and lacks the multi-functionality of the other devices.
Rob_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #20
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
It will be a "most wonderful world" when there is a size for every hand and taste.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #21
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I had a kindle way back 3 years ago before having my note. So now I'm using both but I really use my kindle for reading to save my note's battery life.
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:59 AM   #22
vitalij
vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vitalij ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G
I do own a Note 2 but I don't use it as primery reading devise since i got my Paperwhite.
vitalij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #23
1katie23
Enthusiast
1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Nook Color running CM7, Galaxy Note II
I picked up a Note II last December for a variety of reasons, one of which is to be able to read ebooks on the go with a decent screen size, without the need for a second device. However, I've been unable to get a Zagg shield for it. They only have generic screen protectors and the last one I bought (anti-glare) was horrible, so I ended up putting a regular protector on it.

I also use my Note 10.1 tablet at home for reading and this has a Zagg antiglare screen protector on it and it's pretty good in sunlight.

Very well pleased with both devices.
1katie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:29 PM   #24
savbeowulf
Enthusiast
savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.savbeowulf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD Ivory
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1katie23 View Post
I picked up a Note II last December for a variety of reasons, one of which is to be able to read ebooks on the go with a decent screen size, without the need for a second device. However, I've been unable to get a Zagg shield for it. They only have generic screen protectors and the last one I bought (anti-glare) was horrible, so I ended up putting a regular protector on it.

I also use my Note 10.1 tablet at home for reading and this has a Zagg antiglare screen protector on it and it's pretty good in sunlight.

Very well pleased with both devices.
I also have the Note 2 and zagg full body protectors are readily available for the device both from the official Zagg site and many others I recently saw them on ebay for less than £20 delivered I use Zagg protectors on everything including my Note 2! Hope this helps
savbeowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #25
1katie23
Enthusiast
1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1katie23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Nook Color running CM7, Galaxy Note II
Thanks savbeowulf. I'll head on over to Zagg and pick one up.
1katie23 is offline   Reply With Quote