Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-16-2013, 04:26 AM   #1
vikischeldrup
vikischeldrup began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE Fire 7 HD
keyboard shortcuts

Are there any? how do I assign them? For instance - in editing metadata - I want a key that will insert an ampersand or some other symbol or phrase that I use a lot. I am editing several thousand books - looking for time-saving tips. Also, is there somewhere I can go to learn the editing "language"?
I'm fairly new at using Calibre - I love it! Thank you Mr. Kovol!
vikischeldrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikischeldrup View Post
Are there any? how do I assign them? For instance - in editing metadata - I want a key that will insert an ampersand or some other symbol or phrase that I use a lot.
This section of the manual shows the keyboard shortcuts. I don't know how to do what you want to do. Possibly you can use a macro via a program or your operating system.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Possibly you can use a macro via a program or your operating system.
I use Keyboard Maestro (OS X) for this.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #4
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikischeldrup View Post
Are there any? how do I assign them? For instance - in editing metadata - I want a key that will insert an ampersand or some other symbol or phrase that I use a lot. I am editing several thousand books - looking for time-saving tips. Also, is there somewhere I can go to learn the editing "language"?
I'm fairly new at using Calibre - I love it! Thank you Mr. Kovol!
You might also want to research the search and replace features in calibre.

They could make it possible for you to use some abbreviations while editing and later replace that with the full word or phrase.

The ampersand is usually available directly from a normal keyboard-press. At least it is for me.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:55 AM   #5
vikischeldrup
vikischeldrup began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE Fire 7 HD
Thumbs up

Thank you for the replies - I messed around in the preferences area and found - imagine that!!!! a keyboard section!! It solved some of my questions - and I'll just keep messing till I find even more answers to questions I didn't know I had!
vikischeldrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert