Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 04-06-2009, 04:25 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Cervantes, Miguel: Don Quijote (Quixote) de la Mancha[Español/Spanish] v.1, 4/4/09

About the eBook
This version is the Spanish version of Don Quixote de la Mancha, containing and contains both Volume 1 and Volume 2 ---written 10 years later.

Editor's Comments
Wow, this book is huge, and was by far the most difficult book to format, it posed many challenges, such as this word wrap was so big singo’s macros did not work so I had to re-write a whole new word wrap macro for BookCreator. Many hours where spent writing macros and editing text.
So why did I do it, well I felt there was a hole, while Don Quixote exists in MR it is in English and is only the first book. Also I has a bit of faux logic. Don Quixote is an acclaimed masterpiece the best work ever written in the Spanish language, some say in the world…. According to some Spaniards . Anyhow I’ve heard the same claim with Shakespeare of course substitute the word “Spanish/Spaniard” with “English/English men”. Well I love Shakespeare and to do Cervantes justice I decided to read his book in Spanish, now after listening to an audio CD of Don Qixote, I’m in for an even bigger challenge than I anticipated.

Anyhow I hope you enjoy this book, and downloaded even if you have no intention of reading it. You will now have a classic in it’s original language.

Credits
I’d like to thank Project Gutenberg for providing the original source, and for doing such a fantastic job in their proofing..

From the WIKI
Don Quixote (Spanish: Don Quijote, /dɒnˈkihoʊte/,) fully titled "El ingenioso hidalgo Don Quijote de la Mancha" ("The Ingenious Hidalgo Don Quixote of La Mancha") is a novel written by Spanish author Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra.
Cervantes created a fictional origin for the story based upon a manuscript by the invented Moorish historian, Cide Hamete Benengeli.

The novel's structure is in episodic form. It is a humorous novel in the picaresco style of the late sixteenth century. The full title is indicative of the tale's object, as ingenioso (Spain.) means "to be quick with inventiveness".[2] Although the novel is farcical, the second half is more serious and philosophical about the theme of deception. Quixote has served as an important thematic source not only in literature but in much of art and music, inspiring works by Pablo Picasso and Richard Strauss. The contrasts between the tall, thin, fancy-struck, and idealistic Quixote and the fat, squat, world-weary Panza is a motif echoed ever since the book’s publication, and Don Quixote's imaginings are the butt of outrageous and cruel practical jokes in the novel. Even faithful and simple Sancho is unintentionally forced to deceive him at certain points. The novel is considered a satire of orthodoxy, truth, veracity, and even nationalism. In going beyond mere storytelling to exploring the individualism of his characters, Cervantes helped move beyond the narrow literary conventions of the chivalric romance literature that he spoofed, which consists of straightforward retelling of a series of acts that redound to the knightly virtues of the (....)
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Cervantes - Don Quijote de la Mancha.prc (1.43 MB, 1430 views)

Last edited by =X=; 04-06-2009 at 04:29 PM.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:58 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Again, the same comment I made to mtravellerh: this is actually not "historical fiction", it is more a humorous story set in the time it was written, a parody of fantasy tales.

As I said, I have almost ready my own version of this book, but illustrated (by Doré) and based on a different source (the excellent CVC edition, instead of PG text). I'm currently reading it, finishing the first volume, so stay tuned if you want yet another version
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Yes I agree with you. But putting Don Quixote under "Humor" just doesn't seem right. I wouldn't feel right putting any of Shakespeare's Comedies there either.

There needs to be a section "Comedies, Classics, Literature". Or maybe "Classic Comedies" "Classic Fiction". Since a large portion of books added here can be considered Classics/Literature.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #4
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Yes I agree with you. But putting Don Quixote under "Humor" just doesn't seem right.
Why not? It's very funny at times

It may be a classic, but that does not mean it has a kind of aura of prestige and untouchability.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote