Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #37876
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I just made some eggs and cheese for Norton. It's getting harder and harder to find things that dog will eat.

It's been said that if you do what's right, when you die you'll go to a better place. I wonder how good you have to be to come back as Norton?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:43 PM   #37877
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I'd ask Ralph!

Right now I'm mentally preparing myself to go out into the heat and humidity to pull up some weeds and saplings that have chosen to grow in the front yard.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 03:35 AM   #37878
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I envy you, living in Europe, where other countries are so close to travel to!
I usually don't go far, mostly the UK, Ireland or Belgium.

I'm hoping travel by boat will be less tiring than by airplane. When flying I always arrive tired because of the waiting, first at Schiphol to board (travelling abroad means you have to be there at least two hours in advance) and later on the other airport for your bags and then finding your way to the hotel.

With the boat you can take the bus from Amsterdam train station from 3pm to the harbour, the boat leaves around 5pm and it arrives at 9am the next morning, buses to Newcastle are provided.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 04:17 AM   #37879
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
I usually don't go far, mostly the UK, Ireland or Belgium.

I'm hoping travel by boat will be less tiring than by airplane. When flying I always arrive tired because of the waiting, first at Schiphol to board (travelling abroad means you have to be there at least two hours in advance) and later on the other airport for your bags and then finding your way to the hotel.

With the boat you can take the bus from Amsterdam train station from 3pm to the harbour, the boat leaves around 5pm and it arrives at 9am the next morning, buses to Newcastle are provided.

I'm with you! These days, with the modern comfortable buses available, I'd rather take an overnight bus for ten hours rather than fly for one hour. I can arrive at the bus station 10 minutes before departure, assured of my choice of seats (I reserve quite early to be sure,) rather than getting to the airport 2-3 hours ahead, standing on line to check in or check baggage, standing in line for security, emptying all my pockets, taking out my phone, my iPad, and my laptop, then sitting and waiting at a crowded gate, only to stand in line again to get shoe-horned into a miniscule seat, wait for God knows how long for a departure, then reverse it all at the other end. With an overnight 'VIP' bus, we get seats like a plane's Business class, complete with TV or movies, snacks served, and when we wake up in the morning we are approaching the destination refreshed and ready rather than dragging!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 08:35 AM   #37880
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'm with you! These days, with the modern comfortable buses available, I'd rather take an overnight bus for ten hours rather than fly for one hour. I can arrive at the bus station 10 minutes before departure, assured of my choice of seats (I reserve quite early to be sure,) rather than getting to the airport 2-3 hours ahead, standing on line to check in or check baggage, standing in line for security, emptying all my pockets, taking out my phone, my iPad, and my laptop, then sitting and waiting at a crowded gate, only to stand in line again to get shoe-horned into a miniscule seat, wait for God knows how long for a departure, then reverse it all at the other end. With an overnight 'VIP' bus, we get seats like a plane's Business class, complete with TV or movies, snacks served, and when we wake up in the morning we are approaching the destination refreshed and ready rather than dragging!

Stitchawl

And of course now you have to wonder if your plane is even going arrive or go off into the twilight zone
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #37881
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
And of course now you have to wonder if your plane is even going arrive or go off into the twilight zone

LOL! That's the only part of flying I enjoy!

Stitchawl
Old 07-24-2014, 10:06 AM   #37882
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So what are you doing RIGHT NOW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
LOL! That's the only part of flying I enjoy!

Stitchawl

At least you didn't say the possibility of cavity searches.
Old 07-25-2014, 12:33 PM   #37883
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I just watched a video of a guy regurgitating a half gallon of milk in slow motion, proving once again that simple things amuse simple minds.

No, I won't post the YouTube video, but if anyone wants to see it, you may want to consider the possibility that there's something seriously wrong with you.

You can find it here.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:57 PM   #37884
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Sipping a glass of Prosecco after spending the afternoon swimming in a Finnish lake, having a sauna and eating some good food.

On holiday with relatives near Helsinki.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:26 PM   #37885
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Must be suppertime. The telemarketers are calling.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:56 PM   #37886
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I just watched a video of a guy regurgitating a half gallon of milk in slow motion, proving once again that simple things amuse simple minds.

Isn't retirement fun!

Stitchawl
Old 07-26-2014, 12:19 AM   #37887
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Ummm ... I'm confused. Which one is the retired guy?
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #37888
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Old 07-26-2014, 11:05 AM   #37889
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Ummm ... I'm confused. Which one is the retired guy?
Well in theory Stitchy is too, at least that's what he keeps telling us
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #37890
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Well in theory Stitchy is too, at least that's what he keeps telling us
Heck of a theory, too! But not much difference between my work and my play. I always made sure that my work was something I enjoyed as much as my play, and if that changed, I changed the work! I refused to put up with anything less than what I wanted. Made for some scary times, but life is just too short to 'endure' rather than 'live.' And I always managed to get paid for my play so that was pretty much the same too. My 'play' is often far more strenuous than most people's work, and as I always put 110% into everything I do, I come home more tired than most, and often more beat up... but with a bigger smile.

So... no, not much difference between working and retirement for me. Except maybe for the money. But I don't need more money. As long as I have a dollar more than my bills require, I figure I'm rich! The man that knows that enough is enough always has enough! I have enough.

Stitchawl

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?