Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 03:53 PM   #1
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Opinion of ***

Anybody have any comments about this site?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-14-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:56 PM   #2
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes..
Advert
Old 10-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
I'm sure they'd share their opinion with you if you ask nicely.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #4
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Tom, I'm sure this isn't your intent, but let me explain.

When we see a new member that shows up and coyly asks us about some 'new' site or author, the cynics among us assume that it is a self-promotion by the owner/creator looking to generate some traffic.

If you are the creator, people are more likely to respond favorably if you mention that upfront and ask for input or feedback on the site.

Secondly, it would help us if you gave us a summary and told us what you thought was important about the site. If your purpose is really only promotion, then you probably only want to list the site -- and don't be surprised if no one actually visits it.

Most members here try to be helpful be bringing information into the message boards. Tell us why its interesting, and you will start a discussion here. Some of us might even be interested enough to go there.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:54 PM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
It also helps to have a link so that the reader can go to the site to get a look around. With sites not always being labeled as you would think they would be and with the end of the link being either .org, .net or .com or some other possible ending it's not always easy to find your way there to have a look. Hence the idea of including a link to the site in question.
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 07:34 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It looks like one of the worst sites I've ever seen. It's busy and ugly. There's no clear pointers or places in which to navigate, and so the person visiting is left totally in the dark.

A horrible, horrible site. My recommendation: AVOID.

Don
Old 10-13-2010, 10:03 AM   #7
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Rather than state my opinion of the site, I will simply let this quote speak for itself:

From [urlLink removed - Moderator[/url]
Quote:
Ever since the concept of design patterns and has been to buy the pattern book, and so bought a “C # Design Patterns”, but read a few months found himself just looked at a simple plant, factory, abstract factory and single model, has been the book do a groggy (the book is also bad, their levels are low). They can only consider buying a good book, and book design patterns can be mostly C + + and Java to write, VB, I started C + + level is enough to choke, so the range will be considered in the Java design pattern book.
Earlier in the day-level network to see “Java Design Patterns album” feels good, especially the articles written by Yan Hongbo who is very exciting, so it wanted to buy his book “java and model.” Then I saw a lot of attention to book reviews, evaluation of this book feeling good. , Could not buy a book.
Today get the book, I read 50 pages at one go, but also feeling very clear idea (previously read “C # Design Patterns” will always read a person almost lost consciousness.) Recommendation on the design patterns of interest friends to buy this book.
After this period of time I will take the notes I read this book on my blog, but hope a lot of criticism of correction.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-14-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #8
markbond1007
Connoisseur
markbond1007 doesn't littermarkbond1007 doesn't litter

Device: CyBook Gen3, Sony PRS-600
Urrgh, that is a terrible site, messy, impossible to navigate and difficult to find anything.

And given when I click on the php/python stuff I see a brand new PHP 6 and Mysql 6 book, I'm not even sure if its legit and should probably be taken off MR anyway..

Mark

Last edited by markbond1007; 10-13-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:59 AM   #9
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
From queentess's description, it looks disturbingly like Google spamming. I suspect its legitimacy as well.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #10
bill_mchale
Wizard
bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bill_mchale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HPC Evo 4G LTE
I was able to find some books... Harry Potter books hosted by rapidshare (I didn't download them). Its definitely a front for at least some pirated books.

--
Bill
Old 10-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #11
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
Tom, I'm sure this isn't your intent, but let me explain.

When we see a new member that shows up and coyly asks us about some 'new' site or author, the cynics among us assume that it is a self-promotion by the owner/creator looking to generate some traffic.

If you are the creator, people are more likely to respond favorably if you mention that upfront and ask for input or feedback on the site.

Secondly, it would help us if you gave us a summary and told us what you thought was important about the site. If your purpose is really only promotion, then you
Sorry gang,
I'm a newbie with a new Sony 350, just looking around for good and/or free sites.

When I looked at it the seemed that the forums were dated (old and not active) and the home page shows a bunch of posting by the admin. That just bothered me, and their privacy policy seemed dicey. So before I gave them an address I wanted to see how other viewed it.

I am not a shill and sorry that I appear like one. Just learning.

Tom
Old 10-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #12
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
People in MobileRead have an excellent assortment of free sites (start with the MR library, then the wiki) and will gladly share them with you if asked. Yes, we know there are pirate sites out there. We know how to find them. But out of respect for the admin and the law (varying, of course, by person) we do not post them here on MR.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:58 PM   #13
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Opinion? It's half reviews, and half links to pirated commercial titles residing on one or another file sharing site.

Avoid.

Tell us what sort of ebooks suit your fancy, and we can make recommendations for legal sources.
______
Dennis
Old 10-14-2010, 06:38 AM   #14
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
A link to copyrighted books via Rapidshare shows this to be a pirate site.

Thread closed.

Don
(Moderator)
Closed Thread