Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 01:41 AM   #1
var89
var89 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS600
Resolution for '6' inch screen

Hi,

I've been having great difficulty in reading the sony ebook reader screen.
sometimes it gets very small and the next size is too big.
This requires me to zoom on each page which is pretty difficult.

please enlighten me on how to create/convert pdf into a good resolution which is best suited for 6 inch screen.

var
var89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:48 AM   #2
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
If it's a PDF you are creating yourself, try following the guidelines in the document here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9562
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 05:10 AM   #3
var89

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsky View Post
If it's a PDF you are creating yourself, try following the guidelines in the document here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9562
Thanks for the above link. Even after following all steps the book i transferred is very slow read scan in the reader. When i click on the medium font size the text disappears.

I have PRS-600. Can you help me in fixing this problem.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:39 AM   #4
drmaxx
Connoisseur
drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!drmaxx will blow your mind, man!

Device: none
Is there any reason why you insist in producing and reading PDFs?

I generally convert text only documents into the epub format, which is faster on the ebook and easier to read.

There are several ways to do that. The easiest way is to use Calibre (see the corresponding section in this forum), which does that automatically for you.
drmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:52 AM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
It's my opinion that PDFs and small displays just don't work well. I avoid them at all costs. There are some that will work, but generally they are just not very compatible.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:09 AM   #6
var89

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmaxx View Post
Is there any reason why you insist in producing and reading PDFs?

I generally convert text only documents into the epub format, which is faster on the ebook and easier to read.

There are several ways to do that. The easiest way is to use Calibre (see the corresponding section in this forum), which does that automatically for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
It's my opinion that PDFs and small displays just don't work well. I avoid them at all costs. There are some that will work, but generally they are just not very compatible.
Ok let me give calibre a try. I've had it with PDF.