Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 04-29-2024, 09:51 AM   #16
sgmoore
Connoisseur
sgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfoldedsgmoore reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by betelguese View Post
Wow, I downloaded that EPUB for a test and yes, SumatraPDF opens it instantly, first EPUB I get this positive result! But the reason might be that this EPUB only has text, no images at all.
???
The epub I linked to should have loads of pictures. It is about 35MB and without the pictures would be probably less than 1MB.

BTW, You can look inside epubs using any zip-aware program, or just change the extension from .epub to .zip and open in windows explorer.
sgmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 09:57 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just have a look at To Green Angel Tower by Tad Williams in the 7.90 eBook viewer. It has roughly 532131 words. It took about 5 seconds to view. The viewer is not slow.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 05:22 PM   #18
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I just have a look at To Green Angel Tower by Tad Williams in the 7.90 eBook viewer. It has roughly 532131 words. It took about 5 seconds to view. The viewer is not slow.
That's slow if you use the viewer for a quick check of the formatting. That's what I mostly use the calibre viewer for; as I often check 50-100 books in quick succession, having to wait for 5 seconds in each case is out of the question. So I use the old viewer, which takes maybe a second to open To Green Angel Tower.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 07:52 PM   #19
betelguese
Enthusiast
betelguese began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmoore View Post
???
The epub I linked to should have loads of pictures. It is about 35MB and without the pictures would be probably less than 1MB.

BTW, You can look inside epubs using any zip-aware program, or just change the extension from .epub to .zip and open in windows explorer.
What I meant is that your linked EPUB is MOSTLY text (sorry for that), yes it has some pictures, but they are few and low res. Compared to the EPUBS I'm trying to open it's very light (mines are full of images in each page)
betelguese is offline   Reply With Quote