Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2009, 12:26 AM   #1
fnzcat
fnzcat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
PRS-505 with broken screen

I had a mishap last week where I fell asleep while reading and dropped the 505. It fell off the bed to the carpeted floor. It has happened before and survived, but this time I think it hit the edge of a night stand. OH NO, the screen was then messed up. It did not appear cracked or broken, but it had strange, mostly triangle looking black shapes in the bottom left quadrant of the screen. These shapes were the only thing that was displayed on the screen and they remained whether the 505 was on or off. A reset did nothing to improve it.

Devastated because I really missed not being able to use it. I looked at new models and did not want to spend too much money, and the new 300 did not have the features as the 505 does.

So, as suggested on other threads on this forum, I called Sony support number for the reader and decided to receive an exchange for a refurbished 505. They now charge $99.00 for that service whether repaired or exchanged, for an out of warranty unit.

I had to wait a couple of days until they got them back in stock, but when they got it they sent it by overnight shipping and I got it today, a week after the incident.

So, thanks, forum contributors, for the great advice found on this site.
fnzcat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken screen, repair cost