Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-30-2009, 01:37 AM   #1
mschermer
mschermer began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Reader doesn't show on ebook library screen

I've recently down loaded 4 books from the ebook library store. When I plug my ebook into the laptop, as I've done for 50+ previous books ordered, it says on the book's screen that I've got a USB connection. Unfortunately, on the library screen on the left side of the page on the laptop, it doesn't show the ebook, so I can't down load the new books from the purchased section of the library into the reader. I've tried rebooting the laptop and waiting 15 minutes and re-connecting the USB cable. No luck. I've got 50+ books on the reader, all down loaded over this USB cable. Any suggestions?
mschermer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:25 AM   #2
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Does the Reader show up as a normal USB device in Explorer when you plug it in?
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
mschermer

It actually shows up as Removal Disk (E), Removal Disk (F) and Removal Disk (G). Only Disk (E). Has anything on it. E has 60+ MB. Probably all the books I currently have on my reader.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
mschermer

It actually shows up as Removal Disk (E), Removal Disk (F) and Removal Disk (G). Only Disk (E). Has anything on it. E has 60+ MB. Probably all the books I currently have on my reader.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Hmm - no idea, but...

If you browse into E:/database/media/books/ (from memory) you'll find the books on the reader & you can drag & drop the purchased ones there (from somewhere like "My Documents"\My Books\eBook Library).

You can also install Calibre and import the downloaded books into that & use that to manage the books on the reader too. Just note that either of these solutions will mean that the first time you open a book, there'll be a delay, but it's not too bad & is only the first time you open a book or change font size.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 07:09 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Are you sure you are using the cable that came with the Reader?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:33 PM   #7
mschermer

Yes. I've downloaded 50+ books over this cable.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschermer View Post
Yes. I've downloaded 50+ books over this cable.
Sometimes people switch them on accident and don't notice. Have you tried again today? This happened to my mom's when I first installed it, but I rebooted twice and then it worked magically.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:20 PM   #9
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I've had that problem recently with my laptop. I started using a different usb port, and turning on the reader before I plug it in, and it finds it that way. I have no idea what the deal is (and neither does my husband, and he actually understands tech stuff!), but it seems like my regular usb port has gotten wonky. I was really panicky at first. Try a different usb port, try turning on your reader before connecting it (or turning it off before connecting it if you usually have it on). Good luck- hope your problem gets solved!! I understand your frustration!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote