Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 03:34 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Sorry if newbie question but..do covers transfer to Sony?

I'm a bit confused about Calibre's Desktop App vs. the .lrf files it converts to.

If I have a book with an existing cover (say, .lit) and I bring it into Calibre, edit Metadata to give it a new cover, convert to .lrf, then transfer to the Sony 505, is the new cover supposed to show up on the Sony 505, or is the new cover only effective within the Calibre program? The cover view and .lrf previews both show the new cover within Calibre, but I see the old cover when I export the .LRF file to my Sony. Unless I botched something along the way, which is entirely possible
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
try deleting the file from your reader. Unplugging the reader and then re transfering (this will make sure you're looking at the new version of the file)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert